I have the iPhone4s but the Samsung Galaxy II Skyrocket looks attractive, im torn

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by egeek84, Nov 3, 2011.

1. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

I originally had the iPhone3G, then got the iPhone 4, then earlier this year switched to Android and got the Infuse through ATT. It was too buggy (was running Froyo) and so I decided to myself as soon as Apple would announce their next iPhone, that I would go back. And so recently, I got the iPhone4S and don't get me wrong, i've been very happy with it but......

The Skyrocket is an LTE phone and it's got that amoled plus gorgeous 4.5inch screen with dual core processor which I so crave!

It comes out November 6th, Ugh I don't know what to do lol.

#1stworldproblems

2. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I use both iPhones and Android phones.

It's a great way to go for a phone enthusiast. I have two lines with AT&T and one with Verizon and it works perfectly. I have a Galaxy SII on AT&T and a Droid X2 on Verizon, plus my iPhone 4S on AT&T.

That way one can enjoy the best each platform has to offer. :D

3. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

this is only something you can really decide since you already experience both iOS and android world.

if not. buy both lol

4. koruki macrumors 65816

koruki

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

4.5" with 480x800 resolution... yuck.

wait for the Galaxy Nexus

6. Leslie Tan macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I don't have skyrocket but I do have Samsung galaxy s2 n 4s. Both are great phones in the current market. Even thou my galaxy doesn't have lte but still it performs very well. I would say skyrocket is gonna be good with lte but ain't sure about battery performance.

4s: good os experience, nice and comfort reading on retina display. Battery life is just so so like my 3GS.

Gs2: gingerbread is good but not as smooth as ios. Viewing movies is awesome on the large screen with vibrant colors but reading wise, retina display on iPhone rules. Battery performance is just like 4s. But I managed to extend my battery with Samsung original 2000mh pack and it's not thick at all. Battery from the pack does last a little better than 4s.

So, if you aren't decided, better get one to play around and decide which suits you best or like the most. For me, I use my iPhone for calls/surfing/utilities. For music and movies, I use my galaxy.

Camera wise, both are identical in quality.

7. AlohaMaui macrumors member

The LTE phone only gets LTE in certain cities.
    Make sure your city will have LTE before u get the phone.

The Samsung GSII is really nice!
    Love the big screen, light weight and is more ergonomic to hold than the iphone 4s.

8. Melodeath macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ignorant question here: how would one have a 4s and an android? Do you have to have two phone numbers?

9. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

You can just swap SIM cards.

10. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I swap sim cards and haven't had any major issues. The one problem is voicemail. Either you can get visual voicemail on the iPhone or Android phone but I don't think you can have it on both at the same time.