Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevedude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2004
i have a 10GB 3G ipod..

it has an inscription on the back, it says
"Love from Mom and Dad
Steve Xxxxxxx 2003"

i was wondering if i decided to sell it, would anyone want to buy it, even though it has that inscription..

i *might* sell it because im getting a 20gb 4thG ipod..

realityisterror

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2003
Snellville, GA
it lowers the price by about 95% :D...
honestly, i probably wouldn't buy it unless it was a wicked good deal like $25... sorry man... this is why apple has been offereing free engraving for like a year... nobody wants to buy a used one with an engraving, so they have to buy new... :rolleyes:
but i already have a 15GB, so maybe i'm biased :p

reality

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
stevedude said:
i have a 10GB 3G ipod..

it has an inscription on the back, it says
"Love from Mom and Dad
Steve Xxxxxxx 2003"

i was wondering if i decided to sell it, would anyone want to buy it, even though it has that inscription..

i *might* sell it because im getting a 20gb 4thG ipod..

Awww, now why would you want to sell that ...

You have parents who not only know what an iPod is, but they actually think to buy you one?

Do you know how lucky you are! ;)

Keep them both ... maybe one can be a dedicated in-car iPod, the other can be an on-the-go iPod.

C-Mezak

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2004
Edinburgh, Scotland
Personally, if Im going to buy a used ipod I dont care what is inscribed on the back. I'd be buying it for it's capacity as an mp3 player and really don't mind what the back looks like. So long as the face is in good condition and the unit is totally usable, I would see a reduction in price as a bonus, but not entirely necessary.

Maybe mine is the minority view, but it seems to me that few people buying a used ipod are going to be terribly particular about looks so long as the thing works.

Charlie

Brother Michael

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
I'll give you 30 for it. Seriously.

It is my personal view that the inscription will lower the price. However, if I am buying used, I won't care whats on the back so long as it looks nice on the front and not damaged. I mean how often do I look at the back of my products?

Mike

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.