I HIGHLY recommend you try Best Buy Mobile stores for iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macbookpro45, Sep 24, 2013.

1. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

For the last three iPhones I have walked in and walked out of a best buy mobile store with the phone.

I got lucky today, again, with a local best buy mobile store carrying the exact phone I wanted :D.

2. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

What was that, a grey 16? :p

3. boondocks macrumors member

No full price

The only issue is that they won't let you buy the "full price" without activation phone (even at the extra $50 they would charge per the bestbuy website prices - which say "In Store Only")

4. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Any color you want as long as it's black.

5. dave420 macrumors 65816

You had better luck than I did. I ordered online from Best Buy for in store pickup. The email said it would be ready on the 20th. On the 23rd (yesterday) they finally emailed me back to say the device would be ready in 30 days. From speaking with the representative it sounds like the store sold the device I paid for to someone else.
    Luckily Best Buy has done this before, so they were only my backup choice. My Apple.com order should come tomorrow.

6. tundotcom macrumors member

This. I need the full price phone but the Best Buy I went to said they only them with contract + activation.

7. tharepairguy macrumors member

I was able to snag a 64gb gold for verizon on launch day. They got 10 of them in at that store in said configuration...

8. justiny macrumors 6502

justiny

9. macbookpro45 thread starter macrumors 6502

I got a 32gb silver from best buy mobile today..

I was at an Apple store on launch day and got a 32gb 'space grey' (BS name) ticket being 40th in line. Needless to say, I walked from the line and gave my ticket to some poor soul at the end of the 200+ person line.

10. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Almost same story. Ordered 2 iPhones from best buy website on the 20th for pick up the same morning at a Best buy mobile store. Never received an email about picking it up so I called at 10 and that store told me that they were all sold out and he couldn't help me. I called the 800 number at least a 7 times before I got a hold of somebody and then they modified my order for pickup at a store 30 miles away. Got there...took 2 hours to activate phones. On way out, they gave me a $50 gift card. Went home and went to my local best buy to spend it. After spending 45 minutes figuring out what I wanted. When I went to pay with it, they told me it was already spent 2 weeks ago. I told them to call the other store. They did and said sorry, can't help you and acted like I was trying to pull a scam. I had to go back to the other store 30 miles away to get it fixed. This whole experience was a major hassle.

11. macsation macrumors member

macsation

'Bro' this saying is sooooo tired!

12. macbookpro45 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry for bringing out all of your bad best buy experiences!

I must say, I've had my fair share of them, but I just wanted to inform people to check their local best buy mobiles because they're typically low volume stores.

Also, I got my $50 gift card because of that 'reserve offer' thing they do where if you buy a phone at best buy they give you a $50 gift card.

13. tharepairguy macrumors member

That sucks. I would email corporate about your situation. Stores need to held accountable for their actions. I preordered from a best buy a distance away and got the pickup email around 9am. Called around 10am just to make sure they were holding it for me before I made the trip. They made good on their word and picked it up around 2pm on launch day. He said they got nervous when they came in at 7am and seen the internet orders. People started lining up at 10pm the night before. I would not have been angry if they did not hold it for me after hearing about this. I actually feel kinda bad...

14. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

To be fair though. I think the allowing in store pick up was a mistake. The manager may have just felt it was more right to fulfill the line first, the the in store pick ups. Personally I agree. Bestbuy.com made a mistake and the line standees shouldn't be penalized. That being said, you should be compensated with a cases or something.

15. iphone joe macrumors regular

iphone joe

No luck from the Best Buys in my area at all. Makes me real mad that they show there available online and when I call the store they have none. Tomorrow is another day.

16. cchunk macrumors 6502

Look out for Best Buys in your area!

Just called a few best buys in my area asking about the 5s supply. Told me that they were out but they were able to tell me a shipment was coming in very soon. So if anyone is looking for one, try calling and asking if they have the color you want in the next shipment

17. Kemonsterr macrumors 6502

Kemonsterr

It's a lie, I work for best buy mobile. We are more than welcome to sell them off contract but stores sometimes won't because they'd hate to lose out on an activation. It's just how some stores work. And if you think it's wrong, understand it from a business POV. apple sells us iPhones for what we sell them for so best buy makes no money on an in activated iphone. Hence the reason why some stores refuse to sell a phone off contract.

But don't be afraid to fight it. :) also use price matching to your advantage * cough cough*

18. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

What else are they going to say?
    :rolleyes:
    BestBuy will lie to your face so you really expect the truth over the phone.

19. LagLiquidators macrumors member

LagLiquidators

A friend of mine was able to get a 64gb 5s Saturday. Just walked in to Best Buy Mobile and bought it. No trouble at all. I might try that next year.

20. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

VERY cool thing of you to do!

21. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

Walked into a Best Buy on Sunday afternoon and was in and out with a Verizon 16GB Space Gray in no time. The store was stocked with Verizon and Sprint phones but they were sold out of AT&T except for 64GB space gray. Never trust Best Buy's online ordering. I ordered a time capsule and they tried to sell me a last generation model for the new model price ($100 difference) and claimed it was the same model.