I hope that Apple takes 2010 Macs to the next level soon!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alvi, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

I just read the latest Macrumors post- http://www.macrumors.com/2010/01/31...-google-adobe-next-iphone-2010-macs-and-more/
    New Macs for 2010 are going to take Apple to the next level, that makes me loose some hope for new MBPs soon because taking something to the next level takes more than 8 month and if it's a very cool update it means there will be a keynote and that will be probably in summer.... What do you guys think?

2. eyekyu macrumors member

i read the article and it doesn't mention macs at all. only iphones, google and adobe.

3. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

wow, next level.
    redesigning Unibody anyone ?

4. lolorent macrumors newbie

lolorent

However it is perfectly written...

- Apple will deliver aggressive updates to iPhone that Android/Google won't be able to keep up with
    - iPad is up there with the iPhone and Mac as the most important products Jobs has been a part of
    - Regarding the Lala acquisition, Apple was interested in bringing those people into the iTunes team
    - Next iPhone coming is an A+ update
    - New Macs for 2010 are going to take Apple to the next level
    - Blu-Ray software is a mess, and Apple will wait until sales really start to take off before implementing it.

5. eyekyu macrumors member

and where did they get that from? the wired article doesn't mention them at all

6. Alvi thread starter macrumors 65816

Alvi

does "Taking Macs to the next level" sound like till summer just to me?

7. Spandexman macrumors regular

I thought the wording of the statement seemed to indicate a more imminent update. The macs FOR 2010. It can't be the current ones, as they're at this level, so there will have to be new macs FOR 2010. I'd take this to mean that new ones are coming reasonably soon and they'll be of the next level. What that next level actually means I have no idea. To be honest, it probably means "the next level of processing power" which would be arrandale.

Another thing, about the bluray options, he says that they'll be introducing it when the software issues are fixed, which indicates that they definitely won't be removing the optical drive any time soon. Just my thoughts, what do you people reckon?

8. PsyD4Me macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

that sounds like around back to school time, so i'm thinking that we will only see a small speed bump before then...

9. dont24 macrumors regular

Better be very soon. I saw 5 Core i laptops in today's BB flier. Let's go Apple. Get on the ball and release them!

10. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

If the product cycles are the same as previously -
    It'd indicate a guess of
    MBP refreshes around February, and a late 2010
    Mac Pro - Whenever they want. Average is 236 days, so could see another late 2010.
    MacBooks - May, then October.
    MacBook Air - we'll see.
    LCDs - it's like the Mac mini - unless they're credible rumours - no idea.
    XServe- likely near Mac Pro updates for CPU etc.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

11. svedekim macrumors member

+1

see you all in the next "waiting for thread" sometime around may...

Hope it isn't true... but sounds plausible

12. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

i would be pissed....if apple is gonna do something big, they better do it NOW in February cuz if they wait till october i will not be a happy camper...and i hope a unibody redesign will be in Feb if it's gonna happen this year.

summer at the latest....hopefully.

13. enberg macrumors regular

Taking the Mac to the next level sound more like an especially fancy OS upgrade rather than a hardware upgrade to me.

14. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

i'd be happy with that.

15. AppleNerd96 macrumors newbie

I wouldn't be.

I want a new GFX card, something that'll let me play FC2, MW2, FO3, etc, all on near-highest or highest settings at native resolution of the 15" with a GOOD frame rate (25+ FPS)

16. PsyD4Me macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

sorry, i don't think apple cares about that....they only care about profit.

IMO-Next level usually always means evolution and NOT a refresh. Think back to the 3GS Iphone update, they never used strong language like Next Level!
    BUT if this level is coming in the next few months i highly doubt that Apple has been able to keep this "next level" line of Macs under such wraps that there are absolutely no rumors or leaks on them. I highly doubt that the i5/i7 chipset is what will define this level, so IMO this means that Apple needs more time to bring this new level to the market.

17. Puqq macrumors regular

Taking to the next level might mean Arrandale, major redesign in the body and everything in between. In my opinion, it won't anything more major than removal of optical drive or change of display aspect ratio.

However, Apple is always very cautious about disclosing details on upcomming updates. Well, would you buy a laptop now, if you knew for sure that there was something better coming in a month? Therefore, I would expect the update to happen rather soon (1-3 weeks) and the purpose of this phrase was to build up fuss and excitement.

18. Puqq macrumors regular

You don't always need to increase the time between updates just to implemenet a greater update. 8 months is much more than enough in order to make a huge update.

Once again, this "taking Macs to the next level" phrase is likely to cut down sales of current generation MBPs, MacPros, MBAs and XServes.

By the way, we should not assume, that Macs=MBPs in this phrase. Maybe, something for the software is coming, like cloud computing ability.

19. poblack macrumors regular

The update would have to happen way before the back to school promo's that happen in June and July. I'm thinking there will be an event late February to discuss:

- the new macbooks
    - iphone OS 4.0.
    - release date of the ipad

20. Artmuzz macrumors 6502

Taking Macs to the next level - hmmm.. could that mean new Macs with new Mac OS XI

Art

21. Alvi thread starter macrumors 65816

Alvi

Haha Mac OS Level 11? Maybe that's what they mean? I didn't know that apple wanted to make their OS harder and harder :D

22. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

You can't play MW2 at peak with 25+ fps?

23. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

MW2 works fine in Bootcamp for many.

24. gfiz macrumors 6502

gfiz

Hope he wasn't misquoted and he really said "Taking Macs to a new PRICE level"... I don't want to pay 5K+ for my new MBP...

25. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Iknow. That's why I'm puzzled his won't work.