I Jail Broke My Ipod Touch, And It Broke, Sent It To Apple Care...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by marold280, Mar 28, 2008.

1. marold280 macrumors 6502

marold280

basically, at the end of last year, i jailbroke my 8GB ipod touch.
    i was fine with the voiding of the warranty, all i needed were the iphone apps which were available from the jailbreak=]
    then when apple released the new firmware with the apps on, i took the jailbreak off and just used apples apps.
    about three weeks ago, my ipod touch (not itouch:p) started to not connect to wifi networks, so i rang apple care, they took it off my hands and just this morning i have recieved a brand new one!
    why didnt they notice that i had jailbroken it??
    as it "voids your warranty"
    cheers

2. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

becsuse when you upgrade/restore it wipes it all

3. marold280 thread starter macrumors 6502

marold280

void?

i dont really understand why it says when you download the installer that it voids your warranty?
    thanks for the reply

4. jbarr macrumors regular

It's probably because Apple won't support a Jailbroken phone. If you Restore it to "stock", then it isn't Jailbroken.

5. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Because hacking is illegal haha and Jailbreaking is considered hacking...but if you restore it wipes the slate clean:)

6. panadero macrumors newbie

A little better explanation, if you walk into the apple store with a jailbroke touch (iPhysics, Poof!, etc...on the screen) they will turn you away. Once you restore back to their software image, there's no way for them to tell...

7. BassistKing1 macrumors member

i dont think they really give a **** if you do or not, since its just software :rolleyes:

8. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Jailbreaking isnt illegal. Installing software like Maps, Stocks, Etc... is illegal.

9. TimJim macrumors 6502a

You jailbroke it, but when you restored it, it put it back in jail if you will.