I just am blown away by the speed!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maddux2005, Sep 21, 2012.

1. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

This thing flies! No hesitation when loading up web pages and videos. Absolutely loving it! Also the bigger screen is VERY helpful when web browsing. Reaching the corners takes a little extra effort, but I'll adjust. Well worth it!

2. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Ditto

3. Maaz macrumors 6502a

4. maddux2005 thread starter macrumors 6502

The speed increase is FAR more noticeable then when I went from iPhone 4 to 4S

5. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Yep I agree, MAJOR step up from my jailbroken iPhone 4 which seemed to lag down with the tweaks I had. The difference is night and day.

Also, after playing with the iPhone 5 for a few hours, I picked up my iPhone 4 and it looks....scrunched. It made me laugh at first. The new screen size is great, I was sort of doubtful that it was just taller but not wider. I get it now why Apple went with this approach.

6. dnest macrumors regular

dnest

7. maddux2005 thread starter macrumors 6502

I totally get why apple did it. Everything is still accessible with my thumb, yet it's much more real estate for web pages and all of the other games/apps.

I look at my 4S and it really does look "scrunched".

8. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Anyone who suggests that the iPhone 5 isn't a HUGE improvement over the 4S has never been on LTE.

9. mateo124 macrumors regular

Just outta curiosity, how long did it take for you guys to get your iPhone's activated? I've been waiting 3 hours and it still says NO SERVICE in the corner. I filled out the form to activate too

10. maddux2005 thread starter macrumors 6502

This! I'm pulling 30mpbs in my small town. My home Internet is half as fast. This thing is amazing

11. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

This...

Not only is the processor a huge badass improvement.. the addition of the super fast LTE means you can stream 720P netflix like pie. And the phone renders it well too!

Additionally for me, the front facing camera being HD now is great! Takes superb self photos.

12. iphonefan74 macrumors regular

13. maddux2005 thread starter macrumors 6502

Did mine about an hour ago. Took about 20 minutes. AT&T here.

14. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

Brand new services with AT&T. Got my phones around 11am EST and upon power up they activated right away. No wait at all.

15. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

4G was mostly WiMAX in 2010. Where is WiMAX now? Gone. Sprint 4G WiMAX was a complete failure.

LTE phones had 2 hours of battery life and minimal coverage in 2012. The SIII, Razr Maxx, and One X are the first really well executed LTE android phones. Ask droid charge and thunderbolt users.

----------

I got service right away. It took about 20 minutes to restore.

16. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Just got mine and I agree. I thought my 4S was fast but this thing proves me wrong. It's just an unbelievable difference.

Oh and the RAM! That 1GB is put to good use. I haven't had an app that was launched have to relaunch yet and Settings always pops up ready to use. It's amazing what differences those two things alone make. And that's not even talking about LTE and the screen!

That's all while it's still restoring/downloading all my apps from iCloud. I really am blown away.

I just love this thing.

17. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

It was practically instant. In fact, within seconds of it saying my new iPhone 5 was activated, the "3G" indicator on my old one went out and it stopped working. I was fairly impressed. (I'm on AT&T)

18. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

The speed difference between the 5 and my 4S was quite surprising. Aside from the obvious cosmetic differences and the "light as a feather" feel in my hand, the raw speed was the most noticeable difference. It was apparent immediately upon startup...
    Someone said "supersonic"...I agree. the iPhone 5 is like a 4S with "afterburners" (and I have flown in an F/A-18 with the afterburners engaged, so I know what I am talking about)...:D

19. redman042 macrumors 68020

My only worry about getting the 5 is that my iPad 3 will feel slow next to it.:rolleyes: