I just bought a new iMac but declined the iPod rebate; now I'm regretting my decision

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mattcube64, Sep 4, 2008.

1. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

My campus store had new last rev 24" 2.8Ghz iMacs on clearance for only $1200. I snagged one, but didn't expect the iPod rebate to work since I got a deal on the computer.

He offered me the rebate as I was checking out, but decided against it. Well here I am, about a day later, and am wishing I would've bought the iPod and gotten the rebate.

Is there any chance I can go back to the school store and get the Touch and the rebate now?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I believe it is possible to buy an iPod then use your receipt to get the rebate.

TEG

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

Check with the school store.

Earlier this year, the computer had to be on the same physical receipt as item being submitted for the rebate.

4. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

ask if you can "return" the imac and then repurchase it.

thats what i did when i wanted to change the printer i got with my rebate...and they had to "return" and repurchase the iPod too so that it would all be one the same receipt.

just go ahead and ask them if there is something you can do.
    good luck

5. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Why wouldn't you just call the store and ask them?? Posting here seems silly when you could have just called store and gotten your answer

6. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Yeah, it can never hurt to call up.