I just bought an 800mhz Powerbook...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Did you order it online or did you get it in a store? I'd love to go see one at the Apple store, but I can't believe that they'd have them in stock yet.....

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Well done, very good buy!

I love the new PB (Will be selling my PB500 soon!)

I am glad I am still a student, I am now trying to find £729 fopr the new eMac, I love it!

Ensign

anastasis

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2002
Houston, TX
i have it right now. i called the apple store this morning and they said that they just recieved shipment of them. I drove there during lunch and picked it up. The screen is considerably brighter than the last ones.

it is blazingly fast....

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
Originally posted by anastasis
i have it right now. i called the apple store this morning and they said that they just recieved shipment of them. I drove there during lunch and picked it up. The screen is considerably brighter than the last ones.

it is blazingly fast....

i don't like you. You have a faster tibook than me :p :p

My one complaint with the rev a tibook is the screen. I'm glad to hear they've corrected that. I can now look forward to saving up for an upgrade next year :(

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
Okay. It's blazingly fast.

At what? Photoshop 7? Flash MX? Mathematica?

Let's see... would have to buy one of these first, THEN sell my 500Mhz iBook -- and perhaps my 3-y/o Toshiba as well.

(What do I need a PC for? Hmmm... that's a toughie. Combat Flight Simulator 2: Pacific Theatre, which Microsoft for weirdly odd selfish reasons refuses to port to the G4 & MacOS X. And a bunch of other things I now use an iBook for.)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by Beej
That's all well and good, but it's still not as fast as my QuickSilver 933~ :p
Originally posted by verbose101
Or my dual Ghz :D
I'd not be so sure. It might be faster at some things with the DDR RAM. Anyone got a comparison test?

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Originally posted by dukestreet
I'd not be so sure. It might be faster at some things with the DDR RAM. Anyone got a comparison test?
WHAT?? DDR Ram? Since when? I was under the impression that it still used SDRAM.

Oh, and the TiBook is considerably faster in some ways... in a plane, in a car, on a park bench...

Try using your Dual Gig on a plane...

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
the quicksilvers have 2mb of lev 3 DDR ram, as opposed to 1mb for the new tibooks.

I think it's likely that the towers a still faster ;)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by iH8Quark
It's still SD Ram in the powerbooks. Only the video cards have DDR RAM.

We can dream, though. ;)
Oops, sorry about that, got a little confused or misremembered the specs. Anyway, what I didn't point out is that all the guys saying how great their desktops are were, were saying that because I know secretly you wanted to be the ones posting that YOU just bought the new TiPB.

:p