I just called my Apple Store! They will have the White iPhones tomorrow!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SethRogen, Jun 23, 2010.

1. SethRogen macrumors 6502

I just got off the phone with The International Plaza Apple Store in Tampa, FL. They said they will have the White iPhones tomorrow! The conversation started like this. I said, "Are you going to have the White iPhone tomorrow?" She said it like this: "I am not going to tell you we are not going to have the White iPhones tomorrow" I said, "Does that mean your are going to have them?" She said, "Yes, we will have the White iPhones." Then the conversation continued about the specifics and the lines tomorrow and some personal questions. The only thing she said is she doesn't want to guarantee me one because doesn't know exactly how many they will be able to give out, but they will definitely have them tomorrow.
    If you don't believe me call yourself! The woman on the phone guaranteed me they will have them tomorrow. For her to say that, they must have gotten them in.
    Obviously they said you have to get in the walk in line! But the good news is they will have them!

I reserved a black iPhone (I'm 17 btw), but my mother wants a white iPhone. She is super happy now and will get in line with me! I am not sure how it's going to work since she is the primary account holder, so she has to pay for mine. I am going to be in the reserved line, but they might make her go in the walk-in line?

I wonder if they will let her in the reserved line with me and let her get one while she is paying for mine? It wouldn't make sense if she has to wait in the walk-in line, leaving me without someone to pay for my iPhone.

2. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

i bet they dont :) good luck for sure!!!

3. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

Recordings or it didn't happen :rolleyes: I'll try them

4. SethRogen thread starter macrumors 6502

The woman on the phone guaranteed me they will have them. For her to say that, they must have gotten them in?

5. Nebrie macrumors 6502a

You should call again, according to the other threads, whether or not they have white iPhones depends on the person at the store you ask.

6. SethRogen thread starter macrumors 6502

What would be the point of doing that? I bet I would end up talking to the same person.

7. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

I was just about to say that.

8. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

Just called and the lady said they wont know for sure until tomorrow

9. nfl46 macrumors 604

I live in Tampa and I'm getting my reserved phone from International Mall tomorrow. I'm about to call.

Edit: I talked to a guy and he said that he's not sure if they will have any white iPhone 4's tomorrow.

10. timmypv15 macrumors regular

I'd be willing to bet that all these people "guaranteeing" white iPhone shipments are just glancing at the packaging, seeing white and assuming they are white phones, even though the black phones also come in a white box. just my 2 cents

11. mac'inmama macrumors regular

I listened to customer service/sales people when I was 17, too. I hope it works out for you, but be ready.

12. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Trying to call but getting a busy line. Guess we'll find out the surprise tomorrow!

13. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Here, I'll give you some insurance for your post.

I, ReallyBigFeet, of Macrumors forums, do hereby GUARANTEE that there will be at least ONE White (color) iPhone 4 waiting for you, with your name on it Mr. SETHROGAN, at any Apple store of your choice by 10A Universal time tomorrow morning, June 24, 2010.

Print that, take it in with you. Done.

Worth just as much as your phone girl promise.

14. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Hmmm dubious... I called my Apple Store too (SoHo, NYC) and they said they would definitely NOT have them. I kept asking if there was a chance and she said "No." Said they would ship a week after, though.

15. SethRogen thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome! I can't wait to hear what they said to you!

16. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

What time are you heading down?

17. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

18. SethRogen thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you going to the Tampa Apple Store too?

19. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Yes.:)

20. SethRogen thread starter macrumors 6502

21. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Haha. An Apple employee claiming to know the white iPhone will ship a week after. Priceless. FYI: Apple employees know as much as we do (at store level, anyway).

22. SethRogen thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm getting in line around 7 p.m.

23. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

You do realize that you probably were the 1000th person to call, and maybe they just were f**king with you. :rolleyes:

24. SethRogen thread starter macrumors 6502

Just so they don't know it's me, I am having my mother call :p and I am going to record it.

25. Nebrie macrumors 6502a

More than one person answers the phones. One person called 5 times and got 5 different answers.