I just figure out this great trick! Hide the useless youtube, itunes, & safari apps!

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Nice trick.

Although I use Safari, Youtube and iTunes pretty much everyday. Probably the most used apps out there. :confused:

PaulyD

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
UK
Nice one, I didn't know that, just done so for iTunes and Youtube as I never use them myself so cleared up a couple of icons for me :)

AlkFoo

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2010
Oh yeah... "Restrictions" are a norm for parents that have iPhones or iPads.

Why you may ask... My 3 years old loves playing games, and I usually have $50-100 on my iTunes account to purchase apps or songs. One day, after updating a few apps on my phone (requires my apple password), I handed my phone over to my little guy. He bought about $20 worth of apps. Remember- once you've entered your password for iTunes/App Store, it doesn't prompt you to re-enter it everytime you decide to purchase something else... At least it doesn't for me and I haven't seen where I could change that. I Just restricted it.

You Tube: kids love watching You Tube... and it's not always appropriate (age appropriate).... I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited:

luke.mac1

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2011
United Kingdom
Oh yeah... "Restrictions" are a norm for parents that have iPhones or iPads.

Why you may ask... My 3 years old loves playing games, and I usually have $50-100 on my iTunes account to purchase apps or songs. One day, after updating a few apps on my phone (requires my apple password), I handed my phone over to my little guy. He bought about $20 worth of apps. Remember- once you've entered your password for iTunes/App Store, it doesn't prompt you to re-enter it everytime you decide to purchase something else... At least it doesn't for me and I haven't seen where I could change that. I Just restricted it.

You Tube: kids love watching You Tube... and it's not always appropriate (age appropriate).... I'll just leave it at that.

I think it gives you 15mins grace before you have to enter it again...

SvP

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009
I think it gives you 15mins grace before you have to enter it again...
Settings->General->Restrictions->In Allowed Content section it says: "Require Password" set to 15 minutes. You can set it to "Immediate" or "15 Minutes"

k3roro

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2010
Thank you for this, but I don't think my Safari and iTune is useless, if this only this worked for News Stand.