I just got an email from Apple saying that BTO my order is delayed until 16.03.2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by segers909, Mar 3, 2011.

1. segers909 macrumors regular

So, my BTO Macbook Pro (Hi res and qwerty, azerty is standart here), which I ordered on launch day still hasn't shipped. I just received an email from Apple:

Verzenddatum gewijzigd

Geachte Vincent ****,

Wij stellen het op prijs dat u voor de Apple Store hebt gekozen.

De vraag naar het door u bestelde product blijkt groter dan verwacht. Daardoor is het niet mogelijk u het product op de opgegeven verzenddatum toe te sturen. Uiteraard zullen wij het bestelde product zo spoedig mogelijk verzenden. De verzending zal nu naar verwachting op 10.03.2011 plaatsvinden.

We verwachten dat uw bestelling op uw afleveradres afgeleverd wordt op of voor 16.03.2011.

Zodra wij uw bestelling hebben verzonden, ontvangt u een bevestiging per e-mail. Deze e-mail bevat
    informatie waarmee u uw bestelling kunt traceren.

Wij danken u hartelijk voor uw bestelling en bieden u onze excuses aan voor het ongemak.

Met vriendelijke groet,
    De Apple Store​

Let me translate that for you:

Thanks for choosing the Apple store.

The demand for the product you ordered is higher then expected. It is therefor not possible to ship the product on the date we previously stated. Of course we will ship the order as soon as possible. The order will now ship on the tenth of march.

We expect that your package will be delivered on your doorstep the 16th of march.

[some standard talk..]​

So I guess I'll wait :( Would it be possible to get some sort of compensation from Apple for this delay?

2. koruki macrumors 6502a

koruki

I put my BTO together 2 nights ago, hope it doesnt suffer from the same delay. Didn't know their Mac's are getting as much demand as the iDevices now too lol.

As for compensation, I think you'll be hard pressed but best of luck and report back if you do get any freebies =)

3. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

no why would you? the product became backordered. if you need a comp right away you can cancel the order and buy in store.

sorry this happened but unfortunately it is the nature of things when a new product is released. hopefully it comes sooner.

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

If you find a nice enough apple representative, you never know what you can get. Do report back if you're successful!

5. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

For a less than two week delay on a BTO? Not to mention thats not ship on the 16th thats on your door on the 16th.

6. nwbusa macrumors regular

If Apple has not actually taken your money yet (which they shouldn't have if the product hasn't shipped) then I see no reason why you'd entitled to any compensation.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Compensation for what? I thought that sense of entitlement was an American thing. Sigh.

8. koruki macrumors 6502a

koruki

Just got my delay notice today too :(

9. skiltrip macrumors 68030

This is the kind of thing I feared early last week. I NEEDED my computer before Friday so I canceled the online order and just bought in store. Sooo glad I did. I got all the work done I had scheduled.

10. koruki macrumors 6502a

koruki

Ok, things have turned around. When I ordered my BTO they gave an estimated devliery between the 9-11 March. yesterday I got a notice saying there will be a delay to 14th March but its still possible it could still ship out on time. Today is the 9th and I've reiceved my shipping notice from Apple.

It seems they rather give you a later ship date and instead be early instead of risk being late :D