I just paid $800 for 2 used iPad 2 3G, Good price?

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
We spent about $800 in used two used iPad 3Gs, one Verizon, and one AT&T, with the Verizon one being white, and the AT&T being black. Both are under AppleCare until May 2013, and have a month of free service from the seller.

Did we get a good deal on this? If I were to go for "the New iPad" it would have costed us around $1,200 or $1,300 for having one with 3G/4G.

Now why one AT&T and one Verizon? Simple, my business partner/friend has Verizon as a cell phone service, so it was easy to have him add that to his account, and he "prefers having coverage." whereas I am content with AT&T's service, and find it pretty fast for what I need to use it for.

Only the white one came with a box however.

Monthly bills will be $20 for the white Verizon one, and $30 for the black AT&T one.

Delighted

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2012
We spent about $800 in used two used iPad 3Gs, one Verizon, and one AT&T, with the Verizon one being white, and the AT&T being black. Both are under AppleCare until May 2013, and have a month of free service from the seller.

Did we get a good deal on this? If I were to go for "the New iPad" it would have costed us around $1,200 or $1,300 for having one with 3G/4G.

Now why one AT&T and one Verizon? Simple, my business partner/friend has Verizon as a cell phone service, so it was easy to have him add that to his account, and he "prefers having coverage." whereas I am content with AT&T's service, and find it pretty fast for what I need to use it for.

Monthly bills will be $20 for the white Verizon one, and $30 for the black AT&T one.

If you are happy with your purchase then it is a good price. In terms of price as in 'market value' check your local craigslist to see how much people are selling the same ipad for.

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space

it depends, what GB are these iPads?

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
Decent deal for 3G units with warranty into 2013.

Just curious -- why wouldn't you ask this question before paying instead of after? I don't understand forking over $800 when you don't know if it's a fair deal or not. Not trying to be critical, I just don't understand. :confused:

fr4c

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2007
Hamster wheel
What's "about $800"?

If you paid $800 exactly, thats a pretty average/decent deal since they're only base 16GB + 3G. If you paid $850+, which can also be considered "about $800" then not so much.

Now if you paid $750, you see where this is going? :)

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
Don't want to make you feel bad but I just received my used 64GB 3G (Verizon) white ipad 2 yesterday (bought on eBay); cost me $525 (incl. $14.95 shipping).

That's about what folks are paying on eBay for 64GB 3G iPads (I researched it for a few days before actually bidding).

rmhop81

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Dallas, TX
Decent deal for 3G units with warranty into 2013.

Just curious -- why wouldn't you ask this question before paying instead of after? I don't understand forking over $800 when you don't know if it's a fair deal or not. Not trying to be critical, I just don't understand. :confused:
bc he's hoping to feel good about his decision...help justify it.