I just pulled an amazing prank, how much trouble am I going to get in?

kgarchar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
So this weekend was the first inter city rival game, first ever. I wanted to be remembered, so I pulled a nice prank that I got from the Yale geniuses, and to my surprise...it worked. It wasn't anything terrible, just some fun...but I guess a lot of parents are EXTREMELY angry.

http://www.crewstadium.com/?s=events&h=news&a=00079

What I did was tell everyone that the sign would say GO DARBY, but it said WE SUCK

So, now It's done, and looked GREAT

But I'm wondering, how much trouble am I getting in...?

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
And these will be the last posts of kgarchar, for, oh, a few months.;)

Nice seeing you.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
That's hilarious. But whatever title you once held, to empower you to pull off something like this, will be short lived. I still think it's funny, though. Nicely done. :)

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
Awesome prank...I remember when Yale pulled that (on Princeton?)...I went to Penn so I was happy to see either of those schools get shamed.

Congrats, that's a once in a lifetime prank!

StealthRider

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2002
Here and there!
It's not libel, it's not an expell-able offense...the most he'll get is a few days suspension, if that. Those parents are just angry that they got outsmarted by a teenager. Fortunately, they're from another school district, right? :p

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Yeah, I could see that, I guess.
I think whether something sucks or not is considered a matter of opinion, with the exception of vacuums and Microsoft software.

That said, this has been done before (MIT did it at a Harvard/Yale(?, maybe it was CalTech?) football game I think, among other pranks on Harvard football). What you should have done is condition a bunch of birds to respond to the ref blowing a whistle by feeding them at game time for a few weeks. :D

kgarchar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
It's not libel, it's not an expell-able offense...the most he'll get is a few days suspension, if that. Those parents are just angry that they got outsmarted by a teenager. Fortunately, they're from another school district, right? :p
haha, nah. same school district. I pulled the prank straight from when Yale did it to Harvard.

http://harvardsucks.org

anyways. parents are pissed...I know i'm not going to get into any legal trouble, just suspension or expulsion. I just don't think it's expulsion worthy, does anyone else?

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
LOL. Nice one.

See, this I personally think is how a prank should be done. It didn't cost anyone anything, and aside from a little pride no one got hurt. Which surely is the point.

Kudos to you my friend. :)

Be sure to [try] and update us though.

kgarchar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
I'll be sure to update you, I feel the same way. It was pretty harmless, but I can just see my school being *******s. We lost anyways (embarrassing...we won the Division 1 State Championship last game we played)...so I guess that might make the other school administrators be a little lenient.

I made a little video that I'm gonna youtube in a bit

http://www.sendspace.com/file/za7z9z

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Ace. Just ace.

So I'm guessing your in charge of that for your school and you just moved it all around? Great prank, seriously, greatest prank I've seen in years. Video shows it up a lot better than the photo as well.

For the record, at the start of the video someone wrote 'You Suck' on a car window, I'm guessing that was the other school, on someone from your schools car? Yes. If we're looking at this from a 'wrong doing' point of view, personally i'd say that was worse that what you did. But thats just me.