I just replaced my HD in my macbook...but...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Sara213, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Sara213 macrumors newbie

Sara213

I have two issues, not major that the computer won't start again but small ones....

The first problem is that I don't have that light that tells me when it is sleeping or when it is turned on ect....Not sure how to fix it either.

secondly, when I pulled out my hard drive from the mac...the original one. There was these rubber pieces...no where does it say on the upgrading your harddrive guide about rubber pieces being attached to the original drive.

Do these have to go back on the drive enclosement as well? because right now they are not on the HD. I have a little bit of issues trying to put the rubber pieces back on.

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

Yes, any rubber pieces need to be moved to the new drive. Else, when you bump the machine, you could damage the drive.

Also, the light is part of the HD cable, so if the light doesn't work anymore, you either unplugged it or damaged the cable.

3. Sara213 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sara213

I'd need to glue the rubber pieces to the HD so they don't slip? I tired to attached them to the new HD but I failed quite horribly....

and okay I'll have to check on that...it is not easy to see down the HD slot.