Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vermont Hockey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
using irip. I lost most of the library when i pluuged in my iphone and it synched the iphone while erasing most of my library, but my ipod classic still contained my library ~11gb.

I guess I inadvertently erased the original library. Now that a library is restored, I get a message that my ipod was synched to a different library, asking if I want to erase and sync my ipod with this new complete library. Is that safe to do?

Thanks in advance. http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/confused.gif

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
It should be safe to sync now, with this procedure to make sure it doesn't happen again. First of all, try connecting your iPhone but NOT syncing it (cancel the automatic sync if it tries to sync again). Tell iTunes not to copy music to your iPhone. Then sync as normal. After that, do a sync with your iPod classic.

Vermont Hockey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Thanks wrldwzrd89 the sync of my ipod with my new library worked. i also figured out how to share the library with my other computer. I added playlists from the big library to the smaller one on the second computer and synched that library with my iphone. All is well for a 61 year old guy trying to keep up with this technology!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.