I just submerged my iPhone 4 in a fountain

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
and then facetimed with a friend of mine that has a 4s. The sound was a bit garbled.. :D:cool:

Oh yeah- got the new Lifeproof case at Best Buy. At first I didn't think it was worth the money. But now.... well I'm going to keep the case! It is definitely not as sturdy as my Otterbox case but seems sturdy enough. And 100% tested waterproof. It also slides in and out of my pocket with no trouble. Pretty neat.:)

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

So it slides in and out of the pocket rather well. Well enough to drop right into the scuttlebutt I see! :D

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Yep. Sorry I did not post this in the iPhone Accessories thread, I didn't know that there was one.:eek:

Now when I am photographing surfers from in the water I can keep my phone in my pocket, no worries! I'm really stoked that it works!

"hello? Let me call you back, Sam just dropped in on a bomb!":D

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Bad Ass photo that in it's self pays for the case! :D just don't drop the sucker in the water! there might be a shark using the Facetime instead! :eek:

magicpinkdrink

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2010
Michigan
I was just looking at these at Best Buy. Having already killed 1 iPhone due to a swim in the toilet, the $79 seems worth it to me. Having just gotten an Otterbox for Christmas, I couldn't quite talk the husband into it. I think if/when I upgrade to a 4s I may have to invest in one...

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I love my life proof case. It has been so worth it!
I got the white one and kind of scared about it.. I hope it doesn't start to look all dingy and dirty over time. Maybe should have gotten the black case.:rolleyes:

But hell it's waterproof, I'll just run it in the dishwasher!