I just submerged my iPhone 4 in a fountain

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by srf4real, Jan 27, 2012.

1. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

and then facetimed with a friend of mine that has a 4s. The sound was a bit garbled.. :D:cool:

Oh yeah- got the new Lifeproof case at Best Buy. At first I didn't think it was worth the money. But now.... well I'm going to keep the case! It is definitely not as sturdy as my Otterbox case but seems sturdy enough. And 100% tested waterproof. It also slides in and out of my pocket with no trouble. Pretty neat.:)

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Was the fountain before or after the Lifeproof case? :D

BestBuy had an open Lifeproof box (no parts missing) for $49. I wished I had bought it.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

So it slides in and out of the pocket rather well. Well enough to drop right into the scuttlebutt I see! :D

4. srf4real thread starter macrumors 68030

srf4real

Yep. Sorry I did not post this in the iPhone Accessories thread, I didn't know that there was one.:eek:

Now when I am photographing surfers from in the water I can keep my phone in my pocket, no worries! I'm really stoked that it works!

"hello? Let me call you back, Sam just dropped in on a bomb!":D
    [​IMG]

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

Bad Ass photo that in it's self pays for the case! :D just don't drop the sucker in the water! there might be a shark using the Facetime instead! :eek:

6. JMies419 macrumors 6502

7. magicpinkdrink macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

I was just looking at these at Best Buy. Having already killed 1 iPhone due to a swim in the toilet, the $79 seems worth it to me. Having just gotten an Otterbox for Christmas, I couldn't quite talk the husband into it. I think if/when I upgrade to a 4s I may have to invest in one...

8. Lioncrazz macrumors member

I love my life proof case. It has been so worth it!

9. srf4real thread starter macrumors 68030

srf4real

I got the white one and kind of scared about it.. I hope it doesn't start to look all dingy and dirty over time. Maybe should have gotten the black case.:rolleyes:

But hell it's waterproof, I'll just run it in the dishwasher!

10. Lioncrazz macrumors member

I've had the white case since October. Still looks brand new!