I just walked into AT&T and got an iPhone 5.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joshwithachance, Sep 22, 2012.

1. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I've been wanting to make the switch from Sprint to AT&T for a while, and figured the iPhone 5 would be the perfect time to switch, so I called the AT&T a couple towns over and asked if they had any iPhone 5's in stock (I expected a no obviously), and the guy on the phone said they one left. It was a 16GB in white, which is exactly the one I wanted.

I'm shocked, and thrilled, because so many people who preordered won't be seeing their's for a another week or 2 and I, without a preorder, just got one the day after release with no issues.

On top of that, it doesn't have any of the hardware defects either! So pumped.

This thing is absolutely stunning in person. Pictures and reviews don't do it justice in the slightest.

2. D-Back macrumors member

D-Back

They are definitely available for people to purchase, problem is that I can only find them in white.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

yup, the ATT and Sprint stores here had plenty in stock today when I went around 1pm

4. joshwithachance thread starter macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Sprint definitely has enough lol. I called the Apple store near me and all they had were Sprint ones lol.

5. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Man, I wish I was as lucky as you all.

Here in Roswell, GA, I have called about 5 stores around me and they are all out.

And they are telling me their next shipments will be used to fulfill pre-orders.

Was hoping to cancel my pre-order and go buy it but I guess I will have to wait.

Hope to have it by Halloween. LOL...

6. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

My Brother just got out of AT&T and called to say that he was able to get the Black 64GB model that he wanted.

7. bluer101 macrumors regular

I walked into my local Apple store in the mall yesterday at 2pm. No line and walked out within 10 minutes with 2 AT&T white 16 GB phones.:D

But they said they just finished a line about 6-7 hours long.

8. Ahonen macrumors 6502

Ahonen

Just on a whim yesterday I called over to the nearest AT&T store to me here in San Diego, and couldn't believe when they told me they had a couple dozen iPhones in stock, more white than black.

Having read earlier that morning that the black iPhones were having scratching issues, I made the decision to go for a 16GB white iPhone. I really love the white vs. silver coloring, I have to say.

I walked in and was number 10 in line and waited about ten minutes, the store wasn't all that busy really, yet surprisingly there was a police officer there. I never see police in my neighborhood. The worst crime we ever see here is maybe a house gets teepeed.

I really do love the white, now that I've spent some time with it, even though originally I wanted black.

9. KPOM macrumors G5

It will be interesting to see if any of the carriers make announcements on Monday in addition to Apple. Sprint is at a serious competitive disadvantage with the iPhone 5 since their LTE network is nowhere near as extensive as AT&T's, much less Verizon's. People will accept 1GB or 3GB of LTE, or a "sharing" plan over unlimited "3G" that's as slow as 2G at times.

10. yang88she macrumors regular

picked mine up at mall of ga this am :D

Keep looking, u will find one

11. joshwithachance thread starter macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

It's gorgeous, isn't it?!