I just want to say... I Adore My iPhone!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BergerFan, Sep 16, 2008.

1. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I know it's a bit childish, but every now and then, when I'm not using my iPhone for anything in particular, but just holding it in my hand, it always strikes me as to how just much I love this device.
    I'm usually always a little bit smitten with new gadgets, and then either fall out of love, or they don't 'wow' me anymore usually after a few short week/months.
    Now I've had an iPod touch since December and an iPhone since February (3G now), and this device still manages to wow me, at just how cool it looks and it's ease use.
    Even navigating what would be mundane menus on any other device is a total joy.
    It's like having a girlfriend who you often take for granted without thinking, but when you have a quite moment to yourself, it keeps hitting you as to how much you adore what you have.

Dramatic? yes. Pointless? possibly. :D
    Any of you long term owners share the same feeling?

2. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

3. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

actually, i think that post was good.

the majority of forum posts here are negative and complaining about the product or what features are missing or what needs to be fixed.

it's nice to have positive posts to read once in a while.

4. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Love mine too. Even with some of the bugs, it's just my favorite little thing right now.:D
    (spending an overnight this past weekend, i was able to leave my laptop at home. was nice to travel so light)

5. BergerFan thread starter macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Hehe. I was speaking from current experience there. :D

6. rsk137 macrumors member

I feel the exact same way. Before I picked up the iPhone, my all time favorite phone, don't bash me too much on it :p, the Nokia e62. When I first got it I was in love with it, but over the course of the next few weeks, it wore off and just settle in my pocket just like any other phone.

Now, with iPhone, I'm always messing with even if it's just unlocking it and letting it sit on the home screen. Don't know why, but I couldn't give this thing up for the life of me. It's ruined me when it comes to cell phones. I won't ever have any other phone as my main device again. Since I do work for AT&T, I have to carry an extra phone for work so I always have a second phone, but I use that as little as possible since iPhone is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I love it! In the wake of countless posts that go on and on about the pitfalls of the device or any Apple product for that matter, we have a happy customer. Instead of commending someone for actually posting something positive this champion poster comes up with this little gem! Nice one. :rolleyes: I have a theory when it comes to forums ... just because there is a reply button, it doesn't mean you have to use it!

I am quite pleased with my iPhone as well. There are a few problems and I'm still convinced that the updated software is more suitable for the newest generation phone (which I don't own), but all in all I do like it. I blame some of the issues I have on AT&T and not Apple.

8. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I feel the same way :D

9. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I feel equally effusive about mine - and I haven't experienced novelty fade either. For once, hype is actually justified :)

10. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

i agree with the OP, so many people bitch and complain nonstop about their iPhone problems. It's nice to hear that at least somebody likes their iPhone.

11. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Not even "iPhone problems", but perceived iPhone shortcomings.

12. Reefbone macrumors regular

I like my phone AND getting laid. I have the phone but now where did put that...

13. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

As I was hitting the submit button, I did think "I'm an @sshole". Sorry, bad morning. :eek:

I agree with the sentiments above, it is nice to hear people say something positive for a change instead of griping about every tiny problem.

I'm loving the current battery charge time – I've had it running for two days without charge and it's not show the 20% remaining yet. :)

14. wagbass macrumors newbie

wagbass

Yep my iPhone gives me "happy pants" :p

I can't stop fiddling with it (the phone!!). I've had no problems with it and have had it since 11/7 (7/11 for my US cousins:D).

My girlfriend thinks I'm sad btw ! (I think this is just phone-envy)

15. redman042 macrumors 68020

Yeah but does your girlfriend let you use your iPhone WHILE getting laid? Now THAT would be nirvana. Put a beer in your other hand, and you'd be a god.

Damn I'm bad... :eek:

16. S Brake macrumors regular

I couldn't agree more. I had a few moments last week when I just had to sit back and soak in everything that the iPhone is capable of. I was sitting in the airport listening to some music and checking my email when my brother called me to get an update on the Utah-TCU game. I opened up Sportacular, checked the score, and gave him the score. The next day we were sitting around and someone asked when the new Bond movie came out. My brother was on the laptop and I was using the iPhone, so I challenged him to see who could find out the fastest. I opened up Now Playing and found it a lot faster than he did. I love this phone!

17. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

I back you up man. Usually, I get sick of the gadget, but the iPhone continues to amaze me. It "just works" too (most of the time), which is a huge plus.

18. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I love mine! I use it all the time everyday! It never gets old. :D

19. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

agree

good stuff, always nice to hear fellow iPhone users enjoying there devices. I feel the same effect as when I first got it everytime I look at it. Even though it's only been like 3 months.

20. thewizard.mac macrumors member

i agree! not only the iphone but my ipods and macbook always are so nice to use. i never get bored of it.. the iphone is great ;)

21. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

plus one.

I think the girlfriend analogy was always going to sound pretty bad.

Nice to hear something other than complaining though, so good on ya for that mate.

22. jayenh macrumors 6502

agreed. while there are a few little things about the phone that bug me, they don't really crop up all the time during normal day to day use. the novelty still hasn't worn off after a couple of months (new phones usually get old after a week for me) and showing off another new thing the phone can do thanks to an app will never get old... best little gadget i've bought since i got, erm, my ipod touch when it first came out i guess...