I just want to walk into a store and buy a 3GS. Where do I go?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AbjectEvolution, Jun 18, 2009.

1. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

I posted this in a different thread so that I didn't have to make a new one, but I wasn't getting any responses.

I haven't pre ordered or reserved or anything. If I want to just walk into a store tomorrow and buy a 3GS, which store should I try?

2. NSK123 macrumors regular

NSK123

any store? but be prepared for them to get ripped away, so if you wanna buy it on circusday good luck.

3. Switz213 macrumors 6502

Apple is your best bet. They have the most. Then again, Best Buy will probably have them around 12ish I heard. But there probably won't be many, nor will there be a huge line.

4. Knoxville3G macrumors member

Seriously.....I mean, there are at least 4 different stores that sell iPhones....Walmart, Best Buy, AT&T, and an Apple store. Was that really all that difficult to figure out? Pick one and go there. That'll be $25 please.

5. hobes270 macrumors regular

Dude, I have found you being very rude in alot of your responses on here. You need to realize that this is what forums are for, to ask questions. If you think they are stupid, dont reply! It is better than you replying rudely or with an attitude.

6. xxMACxx macrumors member

Same

I'm thinking of doing the same thing... will probably head over to the Apple store slightly before lunch (10ish) and hopefully they have some. I would have pre-ordered, but wasn't eligible until today... There is also an AT&T store by my work that I might visit at 7....

I hadn't heard anything about Wal-Mart selling the 3GS...

7. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

8. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

We were in BB tonight.

For giggles I decided to ask them how their policy worked for 3GS's. He said they expected to get in a number greater than 5, less than 10. There were 3 people on the pre-order list.

Now I'm number 4 and should get it tomorrow, no hassles, no standing in line, etc.

I called AT&T and they said they were getting in a number greater than their pre-orders but those were for public consumption and you had to wait in line.

Did this about an hour ago and will have the phone at about 2 or so tomorrow. They even had the updated promotion stuff from AT&T, my phone popped right up as being eligible. The wife wanted to wait and see if it was worth it for her to upgrade.

9. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

In the past Apple Stores have had the most iPhones on launch day. I'm really not sure what to expect of this launch, though...I don't think it going to be a big deal compared to the iPhone 2&3G---but I have been wrong before. I'll be keeping an eye on my stores watching for lines throughout the night.

Steve

10. klb028 macrumors 6502

in my opinion, I would go straight to Apple. my second choice would be Best Buy.

11. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

Oh my gosh, I wrote the exact thing and my post was deleted. Oh well. It's true though, I don't care if this gets deleted but hopefully someone reads it. Stop being rude.

12. xxMACxx macrumors member

At&t

Called AT&T store, they said they had phones... drove down, no line... Picked up a black 32gb and back at work in 20 mins with my new 3GS.

Sweet

13. DVDxR macrumors regular

A guy I work with did the same thing here in St Louis. He stopped off at the :apple: store first, 40 people in line at 8:40am. He then went to AT&T, no line, walked right in and got a 32gb black.

He then called to gloat about it while I was sitting at home waiting for mine to come via UPS :mad:.

14. CoachStall macrumors 6502

CoachStall

15. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I was in and out at my local Apple Store this morning. I didn't have one reserved.