I keep refreshing the FedEx tracking page

RowellE

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
I preordered the new iPad ever since it was announced and the Apple site started functioning properly.

I know it'll be delivered on Friday the 16th before 3pm, but ever since I got that confirmation email from Apple with my tracking number, I've been checking the status of my package every few hours to see where it is and when it will get to me.

This will be my first iPad. I was an early adopter of the very first Kindle, which cost me almost $600. Now they're less than $100. But ever since I had that Kindle, I always thought to myself, Apple needs to do their version of this, and when they do, I'll buy it. The iPad, while not a dedicated e-reader, was what I felt was their version. I did hold off on buying one though. Not sure why. So this new iPad will be my first and I'm very excited!

Anyone else obsessed like me and keep refreshing the FedEx tracking page?

Last edited:

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Theres an app called "posted" in the AppStore

Sends you push notifications from the Carrier from any country. Along with the ones here USPS,ups,fedex & more

When your ipad gets scanned some where you will get a push notification with that status

They have a free trial version of the app , try it out

Just enter the tracking number , and u dont ever have to check fedex again, the app will send you status updates as they happen

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/posted/id355963410?mt=8

preston181

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
I preordered the new iPad ever since it was announced and the Apple site started functioning properly.

I know it'll be delivered on Friday the 16th before 3pm, but ever since I got that confirmation email from Apple with my tracking number, I've been checking the status of my package every 1-2 hours to see where she is and when she will get to me.

This will be my first iPad. I was an early adopter of the very first Kindle, which cost me almost $600. Now they're less than $100. But ever since I had that Kindle, I always thought to myself, Apple needs to do their version of this, and when they do, I'll buy it. The iPad, while not a dedicated e-reader, was what I felt was their version. I did hold off on buying one though. Not sure why. So this new iPad will be my first and I'm very excited!

Also my first iPad.

Why not just click on the request email updates button on the FedEx page? No point in refreshing the page when it's not going to be delivered until Friday.

I'm excited too, and Friday is going to suck at work, waiting to get home to set it up, (recovering my saved cloud data from my iPod Touch).

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2010
Why do u keep checkin the tracking number ? lol :confused:

u know its going to come on the 16th, not before. so.. wtf?

RowellE

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
@lamonsas So with each scan at each destination, I'll know that it's just that much closer to getting here.

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
Theres an app called "posted" in the AppStore

Sends you push notifications from the Carrier from any country. Along with the ones here USPS,ups,fedex & more

When your ipad gets scanned some where you will get a push notification with that status

They have a free trial version of the app , try it out

Just enter the tracking number , and u dont ever have to check fedex again, the app will send you status updates as they happen

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/posted/id355963410?mt=8
That app looks nice. Is it worth it? I use Delivery Status Pro right now and they added notification, but I have yet to receive even a single notification from that app. Not sure what they exactly added notifications for because they don't work.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
That app looks nice. Is it worth it? I use Delivery Status Pro right now and they added notification, but I have yet to receive even a single notification from that app. Not sure what they exactly added notifications for because they don't work.
I never used that one

But i like "posted". Try the free trial

You get 3 free trackings

Geekulous

macrumors member
May 31, 2010
Southern California
i prefer the Deliveries app by JuneCloud myself.

Being a perpetual early adopter of Apple products I completely understand the urge to continually check the status of your new purchase! :) Not that checking the status is going to make it get to you any further it's still a nice little reminder that it is coming. I hope the delivery goes smoothly for you! :) Welcome to the iPad family!:apple:

vitaminz

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2010
Cardiff
My first iPad too - I really can't wait, keep refreshing my tracking page too even though it doesn't show on there yet! I can only imagine how many more times I'll be refreshing later this week...

BillG53

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2012
  1. It's Sunday.
  2. It still isn't being delivered until Friday.

I'd move on to other things.
^this

People need to relax.... (but I'll admit that I'll track the thing even though it's pretty well known it will get here Friday. Period.)

fel10

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2010
Woodstock, GA USA
Give the OP a break guys. We all know what it is like to get our first iPad, iPhone, Mac or any other cool gadget. Hell, I even get excited when I got my second iPad.

Burch

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2011
where is the tracking number? because mine is supposed to be delivered the 26 and i want to check on the 16 where it is? how do i enter the tracking number

rgr555

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012

I know it'll be delivered on Friday the 16th before 3pm, but ever since I got that confirmation email from Apple with my tracking number, I've been checking the status of my package every few hours to see where it is and when it will get to me.

grow up

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
I keep trying to check my status and I'm not ordering one until April or May. :(

Can corporations like Fed-Ex file restraining orders?