i know battery tips have been beaten to death...but i have one

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by himynameiscody, Oct 25, 2011.

1. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

i thought i had tried everything....then i realized i had the weather already manipulated but i just yesterday i realized i had never taken it off the on the notifications area, so i did that, drained my battery, plugged it in overnight and normally i have 50% after work, but i had 75%....i'll let you know if it stays like that

2. angle macrumors regular

Huh?!

"but i just yesterday i realized i had never taken it off the on the notifications area"

Is that even English?

3. bbplayer5, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011

bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Dudes not allowed to make a typo? You know English isn't everyones first language right? You knew exactly what he said.

That being said - the only battery drainer I had to fix was the location services, system services, compass calibration - OFF. Fixed it.

4. apprunner macrumors regular

Did you have local weather enabled when you had the weather widget active? I found that if it was active, it would activate the gps every time you used the notification center. If you disable that, you get much less battery drain using the weather widget.

5. himynameiscody, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011

himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

What does compass calibration do? Is that how it shows what way you're faceing on google maps

6. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

I dont know really what the setting does, but mine was lit up constantly trying to get my location. I believe its used when you are outside and you need to calibrate your compass by doing the figure 8 motion with your phone. Regardless this shouldnt be lit up when you never open maps or compass, so I disabled it.

7. marktwothousand macrumors newbie

See my post here about compass calibration:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=13672118&highlight=#post13672118

It uses your Longitude/Latitude to determine the offset in the magnetic compass - to determine your True North bearing.

If its off, your phone shows your magnetic bearing.

8. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks

9. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

MOD NOTE: Report posts that you think are out of line so the moderation staff becomes aware of them. Do not derail threads by responding to them and having that take over the thread.

We can't be everywhere in every thread. We rely on users to point us to problems, not to exacerbate them!

B