I know, I know.... nobody knows. ...Humor me for a second. Will Amazon sell the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mattcube64, Apr 7, 2010.

1. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

I *really* want an iPad. I've been to the Apple store twice now, and have messed with the thing for several hours. Problem is, I'm a poor college junior who really doesn't have the cash to drop on one at the moment. I've been tempted to have "Mr. Discover" pay for it a couple times; but I'm trying to stay strong. :p

Anyhoo, I currently have a $100 Amazon gift card. Today I was looking around, and saw they offer a good $5-$10 for old Gamecube games in their trade-in store. Considering I have a good 40 or so Gamecube games I don't ever play, I'd be quite okay selling off my collection and using all that money to pay for an iPad.

So, whatchya guys think? Might we see it on their store front any day now? Or is this a long and far away pipe dream?

... Just looking for some different opinions, that's all. Thanks! :)

2. hazmatzak macrumors regular

Read the not-so-fine print:
    It's a third party store, not Amazon itself. (Amazon handles the billing)

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

But his gift card would still work no? Wasn't that the point?

4. hazmatzak macrumors regular

They're charging $190 above MSRP. Doesn't seem worth it, even with a $100 gift card....

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i agree. i wonder why its that high tbh

6. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

They sell all the other apple products I don't think it's really a question whether they are going to stock it but mores when they are going to stock it.

7. California King macrumors 65816

They sell every current Apple product except for the iPhones, which require a phone plan, so I'm guessing you can count on them selling the Wifi version soon. Not too sure about the 3G though. I would just wait a few weeks.

8. bluespark macrumors 65816

Right -- there's almost no question but that they'll stock it in time. The catch at the moment is probably that Amazon likes to get very high levels of inventory before they sell a popular product through their main store.

9. wovel macrumors 68000

The 3G does not require a contract so I assume that it will be sold everywhere that the WiFi version is.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Because there are lots of stupid people who will pay above retail thinking it's sold out plus assorted Canadians and Europeans desperate for one.