I know I'm super anal, but this is driving me nuts on my umbp...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sy-83557, Aug 11, 2009.

1. sy-83557 macrumors newbie

The up and down arrow keys. The up key is too close to the down arrow key, so it makes an irritating clicking noise when I hit the up arrow key because it clicks against the down arrow key on it's way down. Driving me nuts. Anyone else have this problem? Should I file the key or something?

2. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

are you kidding? Why are you using arrows anyways. All this thread is going to do is get you accused of having OCD, which is what all the people who think its smart/clever will post.

3. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

I was going to post something like this, but decided not to because I thought it would be mean.

4. sy-83557 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am in med school, all of us are OCD.

I have to use the keys to browse lectures...

5. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

Umm.. how about Two Finger gesture, or even better yet, I thought ALL mice came with a scroll wheel?:confused:

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I don't think that it is that bad, how do you suggest fixing it?

7. sy-83557 thread starter macrumors newbie

I really would just like to fix the key.... :cool:

8. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

Why are you replying with such disrespect? Because he has OCD?

As Andrew Henry said, there are alternatives. I too, prefer the Two Finger gesture. However, to answer your questions: I would not recommend filing it, because I don't have that problem on my UMBP.

If it is that bothersome, take it into an Apple Store, and maybe they can swap it out for 2 new keys or something.

9. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

There wasn't any disrespect, sorry that I didn't put :D:D:D;););):):):):p:p:p:cool::cool::cool: at the end of it so you could see that I was just messing around.

OP: It would bother me as well, I was just giving you a hard time, as if I had a key like that I would find other ways to do what I was doing so I didn't have to notice it as much, even though it'd be on the back of my mind! :D

10. sy-83557 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, it does the same thing on yours?
    I thought I just had a defective key.

11. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

ah ic. Two finger scroll is sweet, embrace it. By avg. joe knowledge standards, everyone may have ocd. But no, its a serious disorder and everyone should quit throwing it around like its correct. I doubt you have ocd, now if you compulsively check this thread every 5.75 minutes with a clock to keep time....then maybe;)

12. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

My arrow keys don't hit on my 13in MBP, they don't sound any louder then any other key either. Sounds like yours is messed up.

13. sy-83557 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I was diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder, but I don't care either way ;).

I guess I'll just change out the keys when I get the chance.

14. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

ha now, g a d is something they will tell everyone they have. id get a second opinion if i was you

15. sy-83557 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't care enough to. I am very against the use of psych meds either way, because of the ambiguity of the MOAs, the contraindications, and the long term affect they have on patients.

In very few cases will I prescribe a psych med to a patient. I won't because I can speak from personal experience.

Anyway, off topic :).

16. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Im for therapy. Psychiatry needs to be stopped and psychologists that can discreetly prescribe should be more common place. Sorry, I think MDs shouldnt be able to do anything with out a in depth psych consult. Off topic yes, but most threads end up off anyway.

17. dreary macrumors regular

the two finger gesture simply isnt practical. your fingers get tired of scrolling after awhile; thats why i prefer the arrow key as well.

18. Ride9650 macrumors 6502

the keyboard is built into the unibody. its possible to change out the key, but because its usually replaced along with the unibody, you may have a tough time finding individual keys

19. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Lay it on a table, buy a 12 Guage Shotgun and shoot those keys that are pissing you off, then there will be no Worries Mate :)

20. fehhkk macrumors 6502a

fehhkk

21. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

Spill coffee of juice on the keyboard and then every key will have an annoying issue. No more focusing on the up arrow.

22. Hayduke60 macrumors regular

One of them dialing sticks that's made for people who's fingers are too fat to dial the phone.

23. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Keys are not suppose to hit each other. I would make appointment with apple store genius bar.