I know its a big long shot, but does anybody know anything about Limoges Porcelain?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by todd2000, Apr 16, 2007.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

I have aquired this Limoges box, and im trying to figure out when it was made, and anything I can find out about it, and possibly what it's worth. I have searched around online and can't find it anywhere. I realize this is a shot in the dark, but this is a big community, there must be someone out there who knows something about this kind of stuff, Thanks for any help here are a few pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MultiM macrumors 6502

MultiM

Go to an antique dealer or e-mail someone at at Sotheby's (sp).

3. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I can't help with specifics, but after some investigating (I'm really bored, and I have a few hours inbetween classes), I have found that Limoges Porcelain is just a generic term for porcelain made in Limoges. The brand of porcelain is Rochard. After looking online, similar items by the same company seem to be selling for a few hundred.

I couldn't find the exact one you own, but there is a very similar one with a Siamese cat on the top, and some website is selling it for 200. No word on when it was made though. Try finding an antique dealer in your area.

This is where I found the porcelain