I know it's been asked but what size ipad shoud i get based on the following...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FloridaMac, Oct 27, 2010.

1. FloridaMac macrumors regular

I have about 1000 songs, 400 pictures, and I plan on getting just a few movies on it (definitely less than 10). I won't have too many apps. Could somebody give me the best option on what size to get based on this? I know this has been asked but wanted to let you know what exactly I would have on it. Thanks a lot.

2. Nausicaa macrumors 6502a

You'll definitely need at least 32GB. I have a 32GB and that sort of set up would take up a majority of the space on your iPad. 16GB definitely isn't enough though. In general, I think 32GB is the sweet spot, but if you're really into media you should go for the 64GB. You'll value the space more than the extra $100 spread out over the life of your iPad.

3. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Would be pretty tight on a 16, I'd go for a 32.

4. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I happen to have almost that amount of content on my 16GB model right now - 1200 songs ~400 pictures, and a handful of videos. I still have a couple of GB free, and have a reasonable number of apps installed. I chose to go with the 16GB because I wasn't sure the iPad was for me, and having bought it just recently, knew that I would probably trade up anyways when the new model arrived, and I'm not all that much into video.

Consider that there are apps like Zumocast that will allow you to access movies, pictures, and music stored on your home computer from your iPad (with a pretty good UI) from anywhere that you have a network connection.

5. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

Definitely not 16 you won't have enough space with around ten movies. 32 should be fine, but you might have to manage it.

6. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Go for the 64GB... it's just $100.00 more. As you start using your iPad, your need will change and you'll find yourself needing more space.

I bought the 64GB thinking I would never use more than 32GB, and now it's almost full.
    Apps, docs, videos, music, etc., eventually pile up.

Also, you wouldn't want to run it at full capacity. Who knows what would happen!

7. FloridaMac thread starter macrumors regular

8. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

You're very welcome. Don't forget o get the Apple iPad Case, and Accidental insurance; you never know...

9. kilidar macrumors member

Get the 16GB, with 3G.
    I got the 64gb hardly use 2gb, all music and video are on desktop, I stream wot I want to watch or hear. So use the 16 gb for wot u can't live without and stream the rest, u can stream over 3G too. Spend as little as poss now, and upgrade to next gen early.

10. FloridaMac thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I'll be getting the case.