I Know Yall Hate These Kinda Q's But When are the new MacBookPro's Coming Out?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alekssss, Nov 3, 2009.

1. alekssss macrumors newbie

at least approximately,what do you think?

because i want to cop one for xmas but i'd rather wait a month or so to buy a new one..you think we will see a new macbook pro till january?

and sorry for my english, it's not my native language, thanks^

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Do a search we get these questions almost daily.

The answer too all of these is: We don't know.

Apple will not be coming out with any new updates in 2009, so you can relax for at least 2 months.

Apple does not discuss or reveal when product updates occur so its anybodies guess.

If you need a new computer now, buy one now. If you can wait, then wait.

3. svndmvn Guest

4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I hate all kinds of Q's. Its a weird lookin' letter. ¬.¬

Yall.

5. redcrow240 macrumors member

When you stop touching yourself at night!!! :p

Just kidding lol. Well most people here believe early next year. Apple is on record saying the current lineup for the holiday season is set. That and the release of the white macbook (lovingly called the marshmallow by some) prompted me to go and get the 13inch 2.53 macbook pro. So far I love it (great updates compared to last years unibody aluminum).

I will now provide you with the most "in depth" answer to your question that you will likely get in this forum. Please keep in mind that its not because we are mean to people or do not care. It is that this question is posted a thousand times a week. We have a "buyers guide" that tries to recommend a decision. I suggest you look at that as well.

People will go back and forth on whether they should wait or buy something now. The usual response they will get is along the lines of "youre gonna end up waiting forever because something better is always around the corner". This statement is true, but not what people like to hear. They want to go into a buying decision with confidence, thus the asking for support from people online. I like to think a different way towards a purchase. It has two big importatnt factors.

1-Current and IMMEDIATE Needs met and exceeded by the product

2- The time value of MY money

#1- This just means that I would like to purchase something that I will not need to upgrate/update for the foreseeable future (at least a few years). I will not be left wanting. This does not mean that you need to go "top of the line" over "base model" every single time, but it means that all your current and near future needs have to be met consistently. Otherwise the probabilty of getting buyer's remorse and finding faults with your product (in this case a computer) will be higher. You will nit-pick it to death in order to justify you switching to another computer for example.

#2- Time-value of your money means that every product has a different "price" to you at different points in time. Even though the sticker price remains the same, the value of the money you are using to pay that price changes. Will buying a computer hurt you now as opposed to after the holidays? Would this money be better served elsewhere for the moment? Is there a chance that the ONLY time you could make a purchase this big is RIGHT NOW, because there are no alternative uses for this money for the time being?.

Sometimes waiting changes your spending dynamic. Other routine (and unexpected) expenses could in theory pile up, making a computer purchase less likely to occur in the near future. Likewise, sometimes not waiting also alters your spending dynamic. You buy something that takes the funds of something else, leaving you stretched beyond your means.

I suggest you find a time when the funds towards buying a computer do not have to compete with anything else in your life, so that the value of that money is at its lowest point so to speak. It will make the purchase more practical, and it will give you a better buying experience.

There are many other factors to consider when making big purchases. Its different for everybody. Some people are better off than others. Some dont put too much emphasis on it. Some want to rely on getting a product and reselling it so they can get the latest and greatest every few months. Its all a very personal thing. What you CAN do is eliminate unwanted variables. Protect yourself. Research the actual product and re-examine your needs. The desire to have the best will always be there (its human nature), but having the best in the computer world means always waiting and never buying (or constantly upgrading). You can deal with it if you want to and get the best computer FOR YOU.

Hope this helps! :)

6. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Definitely. I'm hoping for a little update before Christmas (I'm buying myself a MBP for my present). I doubt there'll be a full redesign or anything, but I'm hoping for a small spec bump or something.

7. brasscat macrumors 6502

brasscat

Apple has announced that there's no more changes to their lineup for the rest of the year. That's typical for Apple -- they set their holiday lineup by November 1st. You're gonna have to wait till next year for any revisions/updates.

The only exception is the quad core iMacs, which they've already announced which will be available later this month.

8. iMacmatician macrumors 601

That's what strikes me as odd about that Best Buy report.

9. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

They said their holiday line-up was set, not that everything had been released yet. And I woudn't see that excluding a minor upgrade here or there. Just no brand new products to wow the masses.