I know you said not to, but I did. Now what.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by IphoneGuy4daBay, Feb 8, 2011.

1. IphoneGuy4daBay macrumors newbie

I have a 3G that was jailbroken & unlocked on 4.2.1 with the Ipad baseband.

Now Ive gone and done the dreaded "Reset all settings" thing and it dumped everything and now im stuck with the "Connect to Itunes" page.

I researched initially and did the jailbreak and unlock from scratch, so now I got to research how to fix my mess up....

Thanks guys.

2. Steven Jobson, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2011

Steven Jobson macrumors regular

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Unfortunately, pwnage for 4.2.1 isn't out. I hope you have a blob for 4.1, because that's the latest version that has custom firmware available for it.
    When 4.2.1 comes out, get friendly with your Mac-owning friends; pwnage is only available for Mac.

I don't know what drugs you were taking that convinced you this was a good idea, but you might want to avoid them when you're doing high-level actions around your phone.

4. IphoneGuy4daBay thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow I definately appreciate the response's, however.... those were two very different answers.

Since Ive posted ive been continuing research and found that Steve's answer seems to be the answer. Custom Firmware which im downloading right now. As per this youtube video....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wpzLa5bhCg

I'll report back.....

eastercat, I appreciate your enthusiasm. However this is a backup Iphone I have that I actually have just to mess around with, I didn't do this on purpose. But the whole reason I have the back up is to learn. I payed for my current Iphone to be Jailbroken and Unlocked and was like wow that was a ripp off, I could probably learn how to do it myself. And I did.

So.... Like I said. I wanna learn how to fix my mistakes and maybe help others in the process.... thats all.

5. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

You have an iPhone 3G, so you can just restore to a custom 3.x.x if you really need to use it.

You won't even need the relevant SHSH blobs.

6. adityarane macrumors newbie

okay this may sound insane to some of you..but just try downloading the itunes version that provides 3.1.3 and just restore normally..One of my friends had an iphone 3g..on 4.1 with 6.15 bb..and he did the same F up..like u...so i tried to restore it to 3.1.3...normally..not custom..and jailbroke it with spirit..it worked..i later unlocked it with ultrasnow...1.2..

7. IphoneGuy4daBay thread starter macrumors newbie

I will attempt a regular restore with a 3.x.x software and report back.

8. IphoneGuy4daBay thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone know why when I download iOS's from like FelixBruns it tries to open it as a zip file....?

9. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

No idea, in Firefox and Safari it's working okay for me.

You could always try another site, such as iClarified.

10. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Just edit the name so the .zip is gone and you should be left with .ispw

11. IphoneGuy4daBay thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright I think im making informational progress only LoL....

Im trying to put 3.1.2 on the phone now but RedSnow won't recognize the IPSW. Any suggestios?

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

1st post here, a sticky actually...
    How to restore
    perhaps you should read it.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hey good thing you listened and follow directions well:D

14. IphoneGuy4daBay, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2011

IphoneGuy4daBay thread starter macrumors newbie

So for anyone interested, I found custom 3.1.2 software and was able to restore it using that. Im now o the Tmobile network again with the phone. However it was previously on 4.2.1, but atleast its on.

Thanks for those who did provide positive info and comments, it was much appreciated.

I literally spent 8 hours working on this project, one little swipe and 8 hours later I got it working.

15. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Kick it into DFU (or pwned DFU) and shift+restore to either custom firmware or stock firmware. You will get an error 1015 if you restore to stock, and then you'll have to use iReb to kick it out of recovery.

16. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

Huh? iTunes does not provide any version of iOS. With a 3G phone it doesn't matter what iTunes he uses. He is going back down to 3.1.3. Just go to iClarified.com and download it, then make a custom IPSW and restore. Viola!

17. IphoneGuy4daBay thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep I totally got it working now. Its a great feeling spending 8 hours researching and fiddling with this stuff. I just posted to jog my brain and get further idea's about what I was supposed to be doing and it seemed like some people just wanted to look down upon me. But like I said in the first place. This was a back up phone I was just messing with anyways.... so I wasn't in dire need or anything.

I appreciate everyone's help.