I live in a cave, can you tell me more about jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by righN, Sep 27, 2016.

1. righN macrumors newbie

Hi, I live in a cave like i writed in the title. So, I wanted to ask you about jailbreak. Maybe you can tell me why you did jailbreak or what is the advantage of jailbreak or your own experience with jailbreak?. Right now I have iPhone 5s iOS 10.0.2 I know that jailbreak from 10.0.2 isn't available yet or is it? I'm so sorry if thread like that was created before if it was just tell me the link and you can delete my thread.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

A fairly good recent discussion about the "why" part of it all: Why do you jail break?!
    And one about iOS 10 and jailbreaking: iOS 10 jailbreak (when it happens)

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

depends on the type of bars on your cave, is it stone bars or metal bars? crucial info to make sure you get the right tools for jailbreaking from there.

Jailbreak is great if you want to do stuff that apple doesn't let you, if you are happy w the way the os gives you stuff then keep it like that, if you want to have tweaks and apps that apple doesn't approve due to xyz reasons then jb. Customizing how the phone looks and reacts is also part of it.

5. SoYoung macrumors 6502

Most users don't need to jailbreak and should avoid it if they just use their phones to call, text, Facebook and usual stuff like this and you are happy with it.

Jailbreak is for more power users. If you use your phone a lot for media, web, and you want to use your phone more like an iPad with multitasking benefits etc, then jb is great. Even for accessibility settings, jb can be a good thing if you want a dark mode, a dark stock keyboard etc.

Costumization is a bonus.

6. righN thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm still in there :D

I recently just switched from Android to iOS but you know, Android had costumization, so that's one of the main reasons why I want to jailbreak and I saw that people have nice tweaks for they phone so it would be awesome if I would have them :D

7. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Start reading and learning about jailbreak and tweaks....by the time you finish, new jailbreak for IOS 10 will come out.....so, right on time :)

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Stay in your cave until you have done some reading up and also when a JB is avail.

9. ag29 macrumors 6502

Think about something that would be cool to have..And chances are there will be a way to do it. IOS10 implemented a lot of stuff that was impossible to do without a jailbreak back in the day, but theres still so much more you can do.

For example...

1. Hmm I'm kind of bored of having the same design. I want a different theme (Tons of theming apps)

2. I hate these freaking ads in every app.. i'm not going to buy anything so stop showing me ads - Adblocker (blocks ads in every app)

3. I have tons of apps in folders, I want more than 9 apps per folder and I want all my folders organized (FolderEnhancer)

4. I've been walking 30k steps a day just to catch all these pokemon and I've only gotten a few levels! I want a break but still want to catch pokemon. (Pokemon go hack)

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

For 2, there are ad blockers that block ads in apps as well without jailbreaking (perhaps with different methods than those available via jailbreak). For 3, you can certainly have way more than 9 apps in a folder and have folders ordered in any way you want without a jailbreak (and have been able to for quite a while).

11. taotinhte, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016

taotinhte macrumors newbie

taotinhte

I'm also new to Cydia and Jailbreaking. I've read something here https://iphonebyte.com/cydia
    About the advantages, here is what I know until now:

1.A jailbroken iPhone has higher system privileges. For example, you can send files via Bluetooth, you can install more software with higher system privileges and you can revise the system files of your iPhone. What’s more, you can experience more advanced functions of your iPhone. For instance, you can install flash plugins on a jailbroken iPhone.
    2.You can download and install some cracked software on a jailbroken iPhone.
    3.You can freely change your iPhone’s theme, icon, message tone so as to make your iPhone different from others. By default, you can only change the wallpaper, and I believe it doesn't make sense to us.
    4.You can directly manage your iPhone’s system files and data files. For example, you can install apps like iFiles to manage files and edit them easily.