Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacManG4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
Why the hell was the iPhone 4 not released in Canada along with the U.S.?

We have a far better network here with Rogers over AT&T. We've had FREE tethering from the beginning. We have HSPA+ (21mbps) that could actually support face time over the network.

Yes, I could buy one in the states (if I can find one) but I shouldn't have to pay a non contract price just because of a later release date. I just don't understand Apples thinking on this one.

Oh well I guess I'll wait.

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
I wouldn't blame Quebec or their bill. To me it looks like Apple wanted to hit most of the big markets first. And they did, the rest of the world can wait.

So even though Canada has the population of the entire state of California, we still have to wait :p

I'm sure this conversation is also going on in other countries in Europe where the iPhone 4 is being sold in the larger countries of France, Germany, and UK vs the less populated ones.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
I don't mind waiting a bit, because when it is eventually released in canada, we get to buy the unlocked version from apple.ca.

Ehlun

macrumors member
May 28, 2010
I wouldn't blame Quebec or their bill. To me it looks like Apple wanted to hit most of the big markets first. And they did, the rest of the world can wait.

So even though Canada has the population of the entire state of California, we still have to wait :p

I'm sure this conversation is also going on in other countries in Europe where the iPhone 4 is being sold in the larger countries of France, Germany, and UK vs the less populated ones.

Movies and music are released at the same time in Canada and the US. We watch the same TV shows.

We're like the 51st state! (Only time I will say this)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.