I live in SF and my service is terrible... want to drop ATT.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by silkyjohnson, Dec 7, 2009.

1. silkyjohnson macrumors newbie

I have lived in the city for about half a year now, and I just can't stand AT&T any longer. Reception is terrible, I drop at least 1/3 of my calls, and 3G is slow as molasses the majority of the time.

Is this grounds for cancellation without having to pay an early termination fee? Has anyone managed to use this argument as an excuse to avoid ETF?

2. Mischka07 macrumors regular

3. silkyjohnson thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It took you 6 months to realize that? If you were within the first 30 days you could cancell with no ETF.
    If not your SOL

5. Mischka07 macrumors regular

I wish someone would post that little blurb AT&T used to claim they had in their contract. According to what I was told, you don't pay AT&T to provide you with good service, you pay them to provide you with service. This service could be the worst service in all history, or it could be the best service ever provided by a carrier...but it's service.

6. silkyjohnson thread starter macrumors newbie

The thing is, I lived in Lake Tahoe before I moved here. It worked fine over there, 3G speeds were acceptable, and the call service was good (as good as you can expect for living in the middle of the Sierras). It wasn't til I got here that I started getting crap service. I honestly don't know why I've put up with it for so long... well, I guess it's because of the Termination Fee. Anyway... I was just inquiring with my fellow AT&T'ers, or former AT&T'ers to see if sh*tty service is an excuse to not cough up the ETF.

If there isn't any way to get out of the ETF, I'll probably end up paying it and jump ship to Verizon anyway, just thought I'd inquire first.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can try calling them but I don't think they'll do much about the ETF. Maybe try selling the iPhone to cover the fee since you can't use it with verizon.

8. army91c macrumors 6502a

9. The General macrumors 601

i've lived in SF since august and the only place i dont get full 3g service is on haight and in the lightrail tunnels

10. MTI macrumors 65816