I lost my graduation videos when I transferred my videos to PC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by championron, Oct 24, 2015.

1. championron macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I have an Iphone 6. I transferred my videos to my PC then to a USB; however, it seems I am missing an encode??

Each of my video are 50 MB, but when I transferred them to my PC then to my USB it shrink to 1 KB.

I have installed ITunes, Quicktime player to play the 1KB files but no luck.

What should I do? I am very upset. I wanted to transfer my videos because I was running out of manual storage for my iphone 6. Please help me!

my iphone 6 is updated to the most recent update. The USB Is 950 MB size. Help me please!

2. Draven45101 macrumors newbie

Did you happen to create an iTunes backup before you transferred the videos?

If not perhaps you had ICloud backup on. Look in settings> icloud > backup

Check the date of the last iCloud backup. If it was after your graduation videos were made but before you transferred the videos to your pc and deleted them than you should be able to do a restore to that date and have your videos back in your photos.

Good luck.

3. championron thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank for your suggestion! I have icloud on in my phone. I graduated in 2012, and now its 2015. Will I still be able to recover the videos? Thank you

4. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

5. rsnhakan macrumors member

If these videos are so important to you, why haven't you make a backup of them after you came home? :)

6. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

What did you use to transfer the videos ?

7. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Dollars to doughnuts, sounds like you created a shortcut and didn't actually move/copy the files. :)

8. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

The most important information, which you didn't tell us, is whether the videos are on still your phone. Can you still watch the videos on the phone?

9. old-wiz macrumors G3

That was my first thought. I always hated the shortcuts that link to a device that can be removed.