I love how Mac users are getting the short end of the stick on these jailbreaks.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by duelingdragons, Oct 12, 2010.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

When these devices are made by the same people that make OSX.. lmao.

2. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

To develop for a mac, you need to own a mac. Not everyone who works on creating these jailbreaks owns one.

3. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It's not all that bad. Macs have PwnageTool and usually get the jailbreaks first or only Macs get to use the jailbreak.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That's the way I remember it as well. Usually Macs get the JBs first.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You mean because we won't get the buggy, rushed releases by Geohot and Chronic-Dev and will instead have to wait a few days for the release of the Dev Team's tried and tested PwnageTool? To me it seems that those who get better, more powerful software with only the tiniest of waits cannot accurately be said to have the short end of the stick.

I would also note that my 3GS has been jailbroken (using a Mac) on 4.1 for nearly a month. How long has yours been?

7. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

great response..:D

8. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

The dev team and comex are pro Mac while geohot and chronic are pro windows.

9. Vatche macrumors member

just own both like me and you have no issues. lol

10. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

This. And how are mac users getting the short end of the stick? You have the ability to run windows with bootcamp. It would be way worse if jailbreaks were mac only, there's no bootcamp equivalent to windows. I would venture to say that the majority of iPhone users have windows computers. Just because you have an iphone doesn't mean you can shell out thousands of dollars for a mac.

Also, last time I checked, no one in the jailbreak community is getting paid by anyone to make these tools. They're not obliged to do anything at all, and if they feel comfortable making the tool in Windows, great. Be thankful there's people out there willing to put hours and hours of their free time into these projects in the first place.

11. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I just use Boot Camp to install a native version of Windows onto a small partition so I can use the latest Jailbreak software, and I have both OS X and Windows in one machine ... lmao.

Now do one. :rolleyes:

12. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Just bit the bullet and booted into Win 7 on my MBP to run greenpois0n. Worked like a charm, now back to life in OS X as usual.

13. iforlife macrumors newbie

what's with all the 'lmao' thingy? it ain't funny. great response! thelatinist

14. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

What's even more of a smack in the face is when chronic releases a linux version before a mac version. And I thought OS X users had a small user base.

15. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

While I feel for you TC being a PC user, on the other hand be patient and stop complaining about it, doing that here will get nothing done but get you flamed and definitely won't get the devs to work harder.
    Make a Windows partion on your Mac, I've done it on my gf's iMac to jb her iPhone a while back and I had only been using a Mac for 2 months at the time. Use google if you want step by step instructions.
    If you can't do that, then sad to say just suck it up and wait.

16. Mikeadelic macrumors newbie

You 'bit the bullet'? As if W7 would make your explode if you booted into it for a couple seconds. :rolleyes:

17. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I dunno about explode, but I always feel dirty when I run Windows on my Mac.

18. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Windows 7 on a Mac is gorgeous, fast, and everything else you'd want in an OS. I boot into it on my laptop periodically just to break up the monotony of using OS X all the time.

And what is the difference between the Chronic Dev Team and the other Dev Team?

19. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

There's no bootcamp equivalent but it's not hard to setup up OS x on a PC either. Other then that, agreed!

20. idevSteve macrumors member

Not hard relative to what? Hackintosh is much more involved than putting windows on a Mac.

21. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

With the right hardware you can do a vanilla install, no harder then installing on a mac. I'm running it right now on an much older ie 478 p4 @ 2.4, 1gb ram ati x700 card and snow leopard was a breeze to install to. While I still don't have hardware acceleration for for the video it runs everything I need it to do perfectly. With the loader I used I don't have to worried about updates breaking things even though I'm not running vanilla kernel. Not to bad considering it's running on 7 year old hardware.

22. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Just saying that I was planning on waiting for the Mac release (to make things a bit easier on me), but it took a bit longer than I wanted to wait. I don't know what it's like for other people, but I never feel like my computer (mid-2010 MBP) works quite right when I'm using Windows 7. For example, the click and drag behavior of the trackpad doesn't work very smoothly.

23. mjillard macrumors newbie

Gorgeous??? Even on my iMac, win7 has the fugliest fonts I have ever seen. I know I can change them, but I just do what I need to do and get out of there. BTW, win7 is slightly less hideous on vmware fusion, but that slows it up a bit in my experience.

24. bolsen78 macrumors regular

HA same here I have a Dell and a MacBook so no matter what its all good to me to!!

25. ivan300 macrumors member

Instead of complaining download vmware and run windows or mac.