I love my iPhone 5!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BrunoMac, Sep 30, 2012.

1. BrunoMac macrumors regular

BrunoMac

Had to return the first one I got, but Apple swapped it out without saying a word.

After a few days using the 5 I am extremely impressed with its snappy response and overall speed.

The screen and colors look fantastic!

It's a black 32 and so far no scratches, I'm sure they'll come but as long as I'm the one who scratches it I'm ok.

I still use my 4s for work and it already seems funny too me with its "huge" icons. :)

With all the problems people are having I just wanted to add its possible to find a good one!

2. NoOneHitsHarder macrumors member

I love my 5 as well :)

- Bigger screen makes for a great landscape browsing experience.
    - Full screen movies are a lot better.
    - Speed is amazing, faster than another other smartphone.
    - Battery life is great, especially for a phone with LTE.
    - Lighter / Thinner design feels fantastic in the hand.

Pretty much the perfect phone.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Nice to see some more positive posts.

Adds some balance !

4. Webduo macrumors newbie

Webduo

A nice step up

I've owned the 4 and 4S (the 4 is what got me addicted to Apple products in the first place) but the 5, in my opinion, is the perfect size and weight. I loved my 4S (which is still in the household), but I really like the lighter feel in my pocket with the 5. I've also read some things about battery life on the 5, but my experience so far is that I've seen a big improvement in my battery life. Best phone yet hands down!

5. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Coming from a 5+ year old ip2g, I am speechless with my ip5. I am very pleased with this new phone.

6. iampaulb macrumors regular

i LOVE mine too...Only thing i havent had a chance to try is to see how much the battery life has improved because i literally haven't put it down since i got it.

but i love it for all the same reasons above. Coming from a 4 i really noticed the difference

7. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Another satisfied owner, came from a 4 (via a galaxy s3 for 2 weeks, best free upgrade I could get) to the 5.

Excellent phone, and other than a few iOS 6 complaints, totally happy with it.

8. JCfromTB macrumors member

I am very satisfied with mine as well. I've had it for about 5 days now, no complaints so far.

I took my phone out of the case over the weekend to inspect the case (after reading so many people talk about chips in the bevel right out of the box) and confirmed I did have 2 little marks about the size of a speck of sand. I honestly wouldn't have noticed if I weren't holding it 8" from my face. Not worth it to me to swap it out... if I cared that much about how the phone looked, I wouldn't have put a case on it.

9. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I am super happy with mine. The only thing that would make it better is getting a bluetooth device that didn't make me look like a tool and would work with Siri :)

10. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

What "huge icons"?

11. QuasarZ macrumors member

Love mine too. I finally made the switch from Android and after a small learning curve I think I can get used to an iPhone. I have a mac and an Ipad so apple is not new to me, but I do miss some customization. Will probably jailbreak when it is out.

12. Honza macrumors member

I love my iP5 as well. I love the screen size. After having a GSIII and an iP4, this hits the perfect balance for me. Still a joy to use one handed. I find too that the 16x9 aspect ratio is perfect for a smartphone. Most of the things I do are either in lists, like twitter, facebook, email, texts, mobile web sites, etc. And games and movies are perfect in a widescreen format. I didn't like the idea beforehand, but making it taller and not wider makes a whole lot of sense once you have tried both.

13. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

I'm extremely satisfied with my phone as well. Super fast, battery life has been good (although I do wish it had better battery life in low signal areas) and it's a beautiful device. The extra screene real estate has been a huge gain for me too. LTE is super fast. Very happy with my phone.

14. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

15. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Loving my iPhone 5 as well. I do have a small scuff on the side bezel, but its barely noticeable. The performance has been great, the larger display makes a big difference, batter life has been awesome (I routinely get 10 hrs usage), the reception has great, sound quality has been phenomenal (first iPhone to have great call quality). I'm loving this thing.

16. big samm macrumors 65816

Love my 5 since i received it on launch day, but i do still use my 4s time to time.... Example when i need to charge my 5!
    Now that my iphone supports lte along my ipad i feel like nothing can stop me !!

17. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

me too

HUGE improvement over my 4. I skipped the 4s. No problems at all.

18. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Agreed! I went from a 4 to the 5, skipping the 4S. This is a great phone!

19. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

I love the iPhone 5, upgraded from an iPhone 4 and with all of the improvements. Good battery life for an LTE device, the larger screen, and the even better processor, it makes me glad I skipped the 4S. I even think that Siri is a little more practical now, even though on iOS 5 and the 4S it made me think it was just a gimmick.

20. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I, too, am pleased with my telephonic device from Apple, Inc.

10/10!

21. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

I took mine back because of how poorly it was built. The second one is even more poorly built! Laggy scrolling when browsing is a huge turn off. Battery lasts only a few hours. The anodising wore off with just my finger oil! I wish I could swap for the gs3. I'm shocked, cuz my ipad3 is great!

22. Copefree macrumors member

Loving every second of mine!!!

I came from an IP4.

23. darster Suspended

Just decided to read your past posts. Seems all you do is complain about the ipad, the Iphone 3G, Steve Jobs, how great the HTC phone you had and so on and so on.

24. apprunner macrumors regular

Weird. My IP5 runs faster than my iPad 3. Easily. :eek: Try restoring as new phone and see if that helps.

25. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Got my iPhone 5

Used it for five days

(I've learned from the experts here, short tests are best)

Hate it, shelved it.

In the mean time I'm enjoying my stellar iPhone 4S, now it really looks good.

I _Love_ that now... we can focus on rumors about the next iPhone :D