I love my Mac

chibianh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2001
784
1
Colorado
You know that feeling when you first fall in love... with a girl? Yeah.. it's sorta like that... *sigh* :)
 

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
8,803
0
when i first saw the imac, i knew it lacked some features i wanted but i still fell in love with the thing

the orginal ibook had the same reaction from me

now i am jaded and i worry about every nitpicky thing and how it compares to other macs and the wintel world in general
 

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
782
1
Indianapolis, IN
Originally posted by jefhatfield
when i first saw the imac, i knew it lacked some features i wanted but i still fell in love with the thing

the orginal ibook had the same reaction from me

now i am jaded and i worry about every nitpicky thing and how it compares to other macs and the wintel world in general
I have read in your previous posts that you are fan of the original iBook... and I have to say that I really don't understand how you can feel that way.. but that's ok.. that's what keeps the world interesting. The part of it that I couldn't get past wasn't the appearance of it... I loved the homage to the eMate 300... they even made the speed match the 300 part! But I digress.. my beef with the original iBooks was the low res screen (800x600) and the embarrassingly small hard drive (3 Gig) Was your appreciation of the iBook based on the appearance, or what? Just curious :confused:
 

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
8,803
0
the computer i had before it was a desktop clone which had a 2 GB hard drive and it had a 185 mhz 040 processor

and even though i had better resolution with the 14 inch sony crt, it was a crt and it hurt my eyes

so the ibook was a great leap forward for me

of course when the 4.9 pound dual usb ibook came out, wow - that would have been a great jump to 500 mhz and a 10 gb hard drive (and dvd, cdrw, or combo drive)
 

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
2,139
0
Buffy's bedroom
Re: I love my Mac

Originally posted by chibianh
You know that feeling when you first fall in love... with a girl? Yeah.. it's sorta like that... *sigh* :)
Yes, but you have to admit that sex with a Mac is somewhat less satisfactory than with a new female lover! :D ;)
 

TiMacLover

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2001
274
1
Clovis, CA USA
o yea babey

Not when the mac has been on all week non stop with that thing getting so hot and wet from all those CPU cycles and it needs a big man to cool it off, I mean ;)
 

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
11,849
0
Metairie, LA
Re: Re: I love my Mac

Originally posted by Beej
Yes, but you have to admit that sex with a Mac is somewhat less satisfactory than with a new female lover! :D ;)
u know...I'm 700 miles from my lover/girlfriend...so I don't know recently what that like!!! :(