I love my MACBOOK PRO… (w/ Zero Issues) am I alone?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EVO9Nate, Apr 23, 2011.

1. EVO9Nate macrumors member

I have owned every high end 15" MACBOOK PRO since 2008. I absolutely love them and simply put, I have just not had any of the issues that people keep describing here on these forums.

I was not a MAC person before and to the contrary I thought that Windows was hands down the better choice because of price or "Bang for the Buc". But after having multiple cheap computers CRAP out (Software and Hardware), I decided to give a MACBOOK PRO a chance. Albeit that the first month was miserable and the learning curve was a bit higher than I had initially thought it would be… I have never looked back. Now, I do still own one PC and have been keeping it alive to serve one purpose in my house (It is only used to watch our SLINGBOX from the states connected to our TV here in Japan).

I am proud to say that I use almost all aspects of the MAC software, especially the iPhoto and iMovie… I could never go back to my old PC days,:eek:…

BTW, I am not your average ignorant person, I am certified in multiple Windows platform Certifications from CompTIA, CISSP, multiple CISCO Certs and many more Microsoft. Just putting that out there…;)

Oh and I am the guy that fixes all of my friends PC's when they break down, :)…

Peace,

-Nate

2. SamWavy macrumors newbie

+1 I agree with you. Mac's are AMAZING. Never had a problem.. EVER!

3. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

The backlight on my 17" 2011 model has an LED placed right under the '5' key, which makes it glow brighter, but otherwise no issues of actual importance at all. :) I can live with the backlighting issue if that's all there's wrong with it.

4. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

I bought a top of the line fully loaded BTO 15", it's ideal.

5. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

15 w/ 2.3GHz/8GB/1GB/HiRes/SSD and no real complaints. Like all things, I have pet peeves, such as:

-Apple using a SATA2 hard drive
    -crappy power cord
    -lack of USB3
    -Only 2 USB ports
    -FireWire still present but not eSata or more USB ports
    -lack of user customization w/ hardware

But these are all minor issues and overall, it is just like my old 13; un fantastica!

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I've had my MacBook Pro for 14 months and its been great... No problems :D

7. frankieboy macrumors regular

I'm bitched about the USB ports being so close together. A lousy 1/8" more separation wouldn't ruin the design, would it?

I am seeing problems too with WiFi, which I hope will be fixed with a firmware update. And I am shocked- SHOCKED, I tell ya'- that I have no USB 3.0. I hope a Thunderbolt adapter will provide that someday.

Finally, I wish there was some way to prevent the pitting of the case at the right front edge that I experienced with my 2010 MBP.

Don't get me wrong, I love this thing (2011 MBP 2.2)...:)

8. zwodubber macrumors 6502a

You are not alone, I still use my 2006 MBP and just treated it to a new battery :D

9. iMackPro macrumors 6502

i love my mac as well. i really wish they would have gone all out on the screen (1920x1080) but ill take what i can get. It wouldn't have killed apple to bump the res just alittle bit higher would it?! Thats my only complaint. I don't have any peripherals i use so the usb ports to me are negligent. When i do randomly use a flash drive or something 2 is plenty, ( i have BT keyboard and Trackpad). Im really enjoying my 128 SSD for only 100$. yeah i mean i cant store movies on my mac anymore like i used to be able too but thats okay, i don't mind it too much. Pretty soon ill have a Thunderbolt device to hold all of my movies (that will be transferring in literally Seconds!!!) until i want to stream them through my mac to my tv.

On another note, does anyone know if i can have a external HD/thunderbolt port or Time Capsule through wifi that i can access and somehow hooked up to an APPLE TV? this why i can wireless acess one of these external HDs and play movies without putting them on my Mac? that would be AWESOME

10. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

Love mine and also haven't had any problems at all.
    15" 2.4GHz MBP with Matte screen & silver keyboard, June '08. just before the unibody MacBook Pros but has all the multi touch gestures available :)
    Recently doubled the Ram to 4GBs.

11. deeesea macrumors 6502

I too like my MACBOOK PRO. I've owned a MACBOOK before, it was my first MAC. It was the one laptop that convinced me to stick with MACs (MACS??). I just really like MAC osx, it's a very stable operating system, although lately I have started having some issues with the operating system. I do believe all my problems will be rectified if I do a fresh install of MAC osx on my MACBOOK PRO. If not, I think I will just buy a larger ssd and replace my old optical drive, perhaps that will make things as stable as it used to be on my MACBOOK PRO.

Gosh! you know what? I just didn't say MACBOOK PRO like a douchebag enough in this post, here's some more. Macbook pro <--woops! that's a mistake, I meant MACBOOK PRO MACBOOK PRO MACBOOK PRO. MACBOOK PRO

Honestly, what the ****? :rolleyes:

12. Alexjones, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011

Alexjones macrumors 6502

I love my Macbook pro. It is truly a great product. I tried mentioning this on Apple forums and the Board got very snippy because i didn't have an issue to discuss. Beware, Alot of jealous PC owners hang out on these boards. Apple makes great products. Live with it.

13. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

So? USB3 isn't that great. Firewire and Thunderbolt kick its ass many many many times over..

14. frankieboy macrumors regular

TB and Firewire are great technologies, but specs alone do not carry the day: there is a marketplace and reality to consider too. USB 3.0 devices (e.g. external drives) are fast, cheap, plentiful and offer possibilities for allowing devices to be used with many different hosts, and I miss being able to use them.

I believe USB 3.0 is faster than Firewire 800, actually, which means that today, USB 3.0 is one of the fastest ways to move data around, and definitely one of the least expensive high-speed interfaces, probably excepting eSATA, which is also unavailable on my 2011 MBP.

Firewire devices always cost more, and I expect TB devices will carry a very significant price premium for at least awhile after their introduction. In contrast, USB 3.0 external drives have little or no premium over even USB 2.0 interfaces.

USB 3.0 will also be useful for plugging a device into PCs, for example, moving a flash drive or hard drive between your MBP and a PC.

So I am not persuaded by TB/Firewire snobbery :p I want TB and I want FW 800, and I want USB 3.0.

15. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Its not that simple. There's some problem with the current Intel chipsets in the MBPs not supporting USB 3 or something along those lines.

16. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I agree i have owned macs since 2006 and love them i love my new mbp its perfect!

17. frankieboy, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011

frankieboy macrumors regular

Yes, that is right, but this thread is an opportunity to express what we want. I am not blaming Apple, Intel or anyone else. I am just saying, I want USB 3, and I have a pasel of reasons for wanting it. That is all.

And when you see the price premium for an external drive with TB, versus one with USB 3.0 that has the same performance (being that either interface is faster than the HDD), you might just feel the same.

18. mediasorcerer macrumors regular

now listen here pal,im on my 6th mbpro[upgraded each time why not?]:apple: 15,----------and---------------
    it kills it,ive oni had one dodgy one,and i got it replaced pronto.no hassles.they are the goods arent they,

19. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

20. EVO9Nate thread starter macrumors member

That is funny you said Dell… No, I am just, joking Dell computers aren't terrible per say, just very cooperate in their appeal and feeling… At least when compared to MAC computers.

21. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Thunderbolt's throughput is much higher than USB3. I can understand why Apple leapfrogged over USB3.

But, yeah, eSATA would be nice.

And, all things considered, they are nowhere near major issues. :)

22. Rhyalus macrumors 6502

Rhyalus

Base 13" MBP 2011 here.

All is perfect. 8 GB of RAM installed, and when the 256GB SSDs come down in price it will be even better.

R

23. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I love my MacBook Pro.

The only issue I have with it is it won't let me install Windows. I need it installed natively, but doesn't even let me start up into the installation DVD. I guess to some, they may consider this a blessing? :p

Anyways, I have to use virtualization instead.

24. ElCidRo macrumors regular

Base 15 MBP with 2.2 GHz i7 here.
    Just ordered a sata 3 120GB SSD from OWC and 8GB ram from kingston to make it even better :D

Zero issues so far - I love it. With half the brightness and wifi on - browsing (not flash) I can get 11 hours battery life. I love that.

25. glire macrumors newbie

2GHz i7 15" w/ HR Screen here and other than some weird RAM usage, I couldn't be happier.