I love Rush Limbaugh

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by v-ault, Feb 5, 2008.

1. v-ault macrumors regular

Indeed. Personally I love Rush. He's not some whacko fringe extremist... dude talks about football all the time, he's a rather mainstream conservative, he's funny and sarcastic and really enjoys needling democrats. Nothing wrong or controversial about that really.

The people who really hate Limbaugh are liberals. Even independents and moderates don't hate the guy... they might ignore him or discount him, but they tend not to actually hate him.

And, he was right - McNabb was over-rated and the media was hyping him up because they wanted an elite black quarterback. Probably shouldn't have "gone there" at the time, but he was right.

-----

BTW, he's endorsing Romney :cool::cool::cool:

2. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

You're kidding yourself if you think any moderates listen to him as a sound political voice. His audience is only the stubbornly far right (or politically uninformed).

3. v-ault thread starter macrumors regular

This seems to be a nasty habit of everyone here.

4. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

So to be open minded we have to listen to Rush Limbaugh? Do you see all Michael Moore's movies? I'd consider them rough parallels: populists who don't let facts get in the way of what they consider to be a good story.

5. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I used to work evenings, so I watched Rush right before going to work. The guy is hilarious.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Exactly. Limbaugh's no more a reliable source of info than Moore. They're entertainers, not journalists.

7. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

zigactly.

On the other hand, because I am open minded, I have listened to and watched Rush Limbaugh. He sounds more fact-based than Moore, but that's delivery. Point by point, I don't think he is. Neither is going to let a pesky bit of truth get in the way of a point they want to make.

I also read books like this:

http://www.amazon.com/War-over-Iraq...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202226142&sr=1-1

8. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

The man is a certified idiot and yes I am a liberal.

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

10. Eric Piercey macrumors 6502

Eric Piercey

I used to listen to conservative radio all day every day as my coworker was a hard core old school republican - which still doesn't really explain why he listened to Rush and Ann Coultier et al. since they're just agitators, but anyway that was the case.

It finally reached a point where I asked him to turn it down.

How you can continually listen to that crap is beyond me. Even if I believed Rush and friends were sincere.. which I don't they'd be annoying. But they're not sincere. Everything is "They- they- they." "They would have us paying 100% taxes and saying the gay pledge of allegiance in public schools..."

Now my new coworker listens to Alex Jones all day! Wow. He's probably as bad as Limbaugh in terms of the noise coming out of his mouth, in fact they're quite similar in many ways. But- Alex Jones errs on the side of spreading paranoia and resistance to oppression rather than telling people to lay down and lube up for the corporations and the government. Funny how the so called conservatives have become the watchdogs of excess. I went from "everything the US does is great- screw the weak, screw the crybabies, screw the rest of the world, screw anyone who gets in the way of the rich and empowered" to now days, "the sky is falling... go stock up on guns and rations and don't forget ammo... buy gold... they're listening to us now... get mad as hell... unite.. fight the man."

I tried so hard to learn from my friend.. to understand how he could buy in to the right wing "end justifies the means" propaganda. We agreed on a great many things- but then on key points we clashed hard. He thought the war on terror was justified. He thought Gitmo was club paradise and violations of human rights were okay because our intentions were in the American interest.

I just don't even get how someone could say they "love Rush Limbaugh." Does he make people feel righteous in their hatred of those "dirty liberals?" Does that make them feel special and precious? C'mon man.. it's a big jerk off. He's a windbag in love with the sound of his own voice and you're just encouraging him more. Snap out of it man! Smelling salts over here already.

Again even if I believed .. somehow-don't ask me how... Rush L is an unbearable windbag. The left has them too- they say nothing of substance but rather bash "them" all day and if you're not "them" you eat it up because it makes you like a part of something big. Please. Wake up .. there's a fence on 3 sides of you, a guy with a cattle prod behind you -and your guy is standing there thinking "look at these idiots who love me," and telling you what to think.

11. tk421 macrumors 6502a

I am conservative, though I tend to be more moderate about many things. I am very religious as well.

People like Rush Limbaugh embarrass me. Conservative talk show hosts in general seem to make a lot of accusations, and I think they are very divisive. And, as others have pointed out, the facts often do not line up with what they claim. I don't like to be associated with them.

Well stated.

12. v-ault thread starter macrumors regular

Dude, come on, Rush is hilarious. I love the way he disses liberals. Not everything has to be serious all the time.

I love hearing people say the Cowboys are a crappy franchise but that doesn't make it tru.

That's the whole point.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Why do you love him so much? Because you hate liberals? Do you think Al Franken and Jon Stewart are equally funny? Can't wait for this one...

14. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

good, so romney can win, so hillary can steamroll him in the general.
    romney has been quoted on both sides of alot of issues. he wont win.

15. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Rush is impressive I mean come on who else could use a zit on his butt to avoid Vietnam! Rush is a real American Hero!

Im sure all his prowar talk on Iraq is because he wishes he was young enough to go fight.......................

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Rush Limbaugh is "rather mainstream", not a wacko right-wing extremist? A distortion that is Rush-worthy in itself. The redoubtable Mr. Limbaugh is one of the worst demagogues ever to ride the airwaves. The only thing about him that I marvel at is the sheer naturalness in which lies come to him, the brazenness with which he can take a steaming cow turd and declare it to be a chocolate eclair.

Yeah. My favorite hilarious Rush Limbaugh moment was when he (among others) exploited the funeral of Paul Wellstone in order to try to smear the Democratic party. Disrespecting a beloved man like that, only days after he shuffled off this mortal coil, while his family and friends are still grieving -- now that is classically funny! Ohh, and calling then-13 year old Chelsea Clinton "the White House dog" -- falling-on-the-floor hilarious, man! Picking on kids, that is hysterical!

17. RacerX macrumors 65832

I always figured that Rush's main audience was white males who squandered away their better years (or are in the middle of squandering them) and are looking for someone else to blame for their mistakes in life. This core group of angry people need only one thing from their leaders, a direction in which to point that anger. Reason, logic... even truth be dammed, as long as someone else provides the target.

This group can never be utilized by anyone who can't lie with ease. Unless you are willing to give up on the truth or throw out ethics, their is no way to jump in and redirect these people. They don't want truth, they want a scape goat.

It is always far easier to lie to point these people at others than to explain the actual facts. Actual facts can take time to see and understand, and the people that like Limbaugh don't have time for evidence.

The mountain of evidence of wrong doing by both the Bush administration and Republicans in general is just that... a mountain of evidence which takes too long for these people to look through. Ethical people of both the left and right want to explain why things are, but those who can shed their ethics can say what ever they want... facts need not apply. :eek:

18. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Oh good, another thread where v-ault gets to pontificate on his own personal opinions and establish a syllogism we're all supposed to argue against.

Yes, please more of these.

19. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

...and if you order now, we'll throw in this second detestable conservative at the bottom of the page, absolutely free!

Attached Files:

20. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Disagree with his politics, but Rush is one of the funniest men on radio or television today.

Just read through this and this and tell me that Rush isn't funny.

21. Queso macrumors G4

I've only listened to his show once and found him extremely dull. He rambled every point, and spoke for long periods without saying anything at all, controversial or not. So if that's considered good radio in the USA I'll chalk it up as another reason to be glad I don't live there.

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh yeah! Come on v-ault. Start a thread telling us how much you love Ann Coulter. That should be fun! :)

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Okay.

I read it.

I'm telling you Rush is not funny.

(See? Who says I'm hard to get along with?)

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Ditto. :)

25. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Ugh. :p