I love the sports app on apple tv but....

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by gdeusthewhizkid, Apr 25, 2011.

1. gdeusthewhizkid macrumors 6502a

Im a huge sports fan and i love that apple tv has the nba app now on :apple:tv2 menu. I was able to see my knicks get broomed over the weekend and watch the commentary on the :apple:TV.

question? do guys think the nfl will have one? why or why not? It's gets agrivating to sit thru sportscenter highlights just to get to nfl & nba highlights sometime..

2. irishv macrumors regular

I certainly hope so (assuming there is a season this fall). I dropped cable and currently use a Mac Mini with EyeTV and Plex for just about everything. The ESPN3 plugin is amazing. I'm hoping Apple can work out a deal similar to the XBox plugin. If so, I would consider getting a couple ATVs and move the Mini into more of a server role.

3. gdeusthewhizkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

there's a espn3 plugin ??.. where do i find out and what device do i use it on ...

4. irishv macrumors regular

For Plex. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I know some of the Plex plugins work on the ATV Plex client (if you jailbreak your ATV), although I haven't tried that myself.

5. dacapo macrumors 6502

There's one for XBMC too!

6. wratran macrumors regular

i tried the one for xbmc...Does not work