Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLive

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Denmark
Hey guys.

In order to learn Sketch, a wireframing program that can make mock-ups, I decided to "draw" an idea I had for a watch face. Note, I've re-used parts of one of the already used watch faces.

I'm not here hoping you'll love it, but thought I'd share since no one is probably going to see it.

Basically, instead of the hand turning around, the dial will instead.

XuH6ClJ.png

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Hey guys.

In order to learn Sketch, a wireframing program that can make mock-ups, I decided to "draw" an idea I had for a watch face. Note, I've re-used parts of one of the already used watch faces.

I'm not here hoping you'll love it, but thought I'd share since no one is probably going to see it.

XuH6ClJ.png
I like it. I know it's just me, but I just don't understand why apply doesn't have a Watch face store that they sell faces. I've heard plenty of reasons and possible lawsuits, but creativity like this wouldn't sell.

Macaddict16

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2002
Hey guys.

XuH6ClJ.png

I like it! The colored dots under the numbers, calendar items?

xaqt93

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
Hey guys.

XuH6ClJ.png
I freaking love it and I would sport this if I could! I love the idea...I wish Apple would buy your watch face from you or at least devs put there own watch faces on the store. I freaking love this Face!

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I like it! Where would the cutoff be though for time which has passed/the end of the time in the future (if that makes sense)? Would it just go to the maximum of one hour then 'reset' so to speak?

iLive

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Denmark
I like it! The colored dots under the numbers, calendar items?

Yes, exactly. :)
I like it! Where would the cutoff be though for time which has passed/the end of the time in the future (if that makes sense)? Would it just go to the maximum of one hour then 'reset' so to speak?

I think I understand your question. And actually, if I could remake the drawing, I would not connect the current hour with the previous hour (e.g. with the photo above, 8am and 19 would not be connected). In that way 19 disappears. :)

TraderScooter

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2017
San Diego, CA
Very cool! Personally I don't think it would be very useful for me as I don't like to think too much when checking the time (lol) but it does look good. BTW, Sketch is nice isn't it? I'm doing all my screen mockups in Sketch now - Photoshop is only used for photo editing these days.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Yes, exactly. :)

I think I understand your question. And actually, if I could remake the drawing, I would not connect the current hour with the previous hour (e.g. with the photo above, 8am and 19 would not be connected). In that way 19 disappears. :)

I was thinking maybe there could be a slight spiral to the face with the nineteen sort of fading under the current hour. Hard to explain without drawing it really.

I've always been a bit fascinated with unique ways to tell the time after my maths teacher wore a binary watch at school. If I ever earn enough, I'd love to buy one of those QlockTwo clocks which tell the time in words. Hoping wOS 4 gives us at least a few more options!

annay49

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2010
I really like this watch face. I could see me wearing it occasionally. I typically use the utility face though.

Also sketch is amazing. Pretty much the only design program I use at this point to start wireframing. Check out the plugins that it has and it will be even better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.