I messed up real bad you guys (A tale of warning)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Looon, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

So I've been a loyal iphone user since the first iphone. I have always loved my iphones, and when each new iphone came out I upgraded even if it meant paying out of pocket without contract. I have spent tons of money on apps and cases/accessories for my iphone. Where is all this leading you may ask? Well I was recently tempted by the devil (Android) after seeing my friends cool android phone and playing with it. So I stupidly quit AT&T, moved to verizon and bought a Droid X2. I wish I had never done it. This phone is awful, it is glitchy. You cannot play music and browse the web at the same time, you can't do ANYTHING and listen to music at the same time for that matter. No way to fix it, no help from tech support NOTHING. So Verizon gives you 14 days to return you phone with a 35 dollar restocking fee. I'm sitting here at 2:30AM after spending HOURS looking at all the other android phones and realizing one thing; none of them can compete with the iphone All of the either have stupid glitches with no fix (Music problems X2) (Random shutdowns Droid 3) or Awful cameras (Basically every android phone has a crap camera compared to iphone, don't believe me check the examples of vid recording on youtube) and the apps just aren't there, and the ones that are are subpar and potentially dangerous. (I downloaded firefox thinking hey firefox thats trustworthy, NO it froze my phone and I had to pop the battery out.)

So the moral of the story is even if you are getting bored with the iphone like me, DO NOT please please please DONT switch to android I can almost promise you will regret it. I am going to bed now, and going to Verizon the minute it opens up so I can get myself the iphone 4 again on their service. Don't care if the 5 comes out next week I cannot live with this Android garbage.

And before anyone screams fanboy, I hate Apple Laptops, and computers the only thing of Apple I like is the iPhone, and now I realize that I love it even more for literally being the best phone available these days. No contest

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

You said you hate Apple laptops but in your signiture it says you own one? Why use something you hate?

3. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

So, to sum up: you bought a phone without doing research, then were surprised when it didn't work the way your old one did?

Better advice for everyone: try things before you buy them, give them a chance, and don't assume your experience will be the same as anyone else's.

4. Looon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Looon

Actually I read a bunch of reviews on the x2 before I got it but none mentioned the glitches that everyone on the forums is experiencing. Engadget gave it a 8/10

5. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

Get a Galaxy S2 and move on with your life, getting an IP4 now is silly.

6. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

You should always try something out personally when buying it, especially if it's something you're going to be using a lot.

7. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

My friend has one and I'm tempted to but I'm gonna wait for the iPhone 5

8. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

That's what I was thinking, but now I'm wondering if I want to really wait an extra month after it is released (since there will be HUGE lineups for it and it will be sold out literally all the time)

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I've seen some people jump to Android from iPhone and they've been really happy with it, so that's not always the case OP. But, I tend to agree with you that wholly, the iPhone is better.

10. flipster macrumors 6502a

I understand where this guy is coming from; I was in the same position 7 months ago.

The reviews were fantastic for the Droid X, but it's a laggy, crappy piece of **** phone. I've also had numerous other phones that ran motoblur/sense ui and android.

To sum it up, and I'm not biased when I say this; there is no phone like the iPhone. The OS and build quality is all around simply the best out there.

11. twitt3r macrumors 6502

Fact is, people who own an iPhone are biased, and they only own an iPhone because they know that the only other phone to use that OS (and have the Apple name) is the next iPhone.

To come on here and BEG people to not move over is ridiculous. I know people who have switched to Android, or who have only ever owned Android, and they are very happy. Sounds like the OP didn't buy decent Android phones anyway, and is being VERY melodramatic.

12. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Read my write up in my signature, I was in a similar position when I got a free SGS2, but that went and the iPhone 4 stayed after comparing them side by side for about a week. Now I know that i'll probably never be tempted by an Android again in its current form.

13. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

I got my galaxy sII about two months ago, coming from an iphone 4 and I'm happy until this day and can easily wait for the arrival of the iphone 5 on my SGSII.

On my GSII I'm able to sync all of my contacts, calendar, memos, music and pictures just like I was able to do with my former iphone 4 and although some apps may not be as well polished as good old iOS, I really don't regret it.

I believe the OP got a wrong choice for an android device and should have stayed on his home carrier (at&t) when he switched to an android device, it would have been so much easier to just swap SIM cards from and iphone 4 to a GSII like I did using a SIM card adaptor.

Well anyway, I hope you can go back to the iphone 4 ok.

14. twitt3r macrumors 6502

Clearly leaving the door wide open to say that actually, you WILL get bored of your current phone (whatever that is at the time) again in the future and be tempted by something else just because it's different.

15. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

The OS is still pretty much in beta mode imo...as well as their market. The OS is being spread too thin imo to figure out what works with what. I think this post is more of a preference than a tale.

16. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

What? No what Im saying is that Im not a fanboy of any kind. So in the future if Androids ARE better than iPhones Id be completely open to switching. If iPhones continue to lead I will stay with iPhones. I will always chose the best product available to me. Thats why this time the SGS2 went to eBay-land.

17. twitt3r macrumors 6502

My point exactly. You are the kind of person who will ultimately never be happy with whatever they buy. The term, "Indecisive Perfectionist" comes to mind.

18. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

You're reading this completely the wrong way. He means he's going to use whatever makes him happy (i.e. the best in his opinion). Pretty much the opposite of an indecisive perfectionist.

19. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

What on earth are you talking about? Its like you are trying twist my comments. I am saying I will continue to evaluate what products are on the market (by testing them side by side if possible) and choosing the one I think is best.

Its called 'getting the best possible user experience for me'.

I am completely and utterly 100% happy with my iPhone 4, I didnt buy the SGS2 it was a free upgrade so I had the luxury of being able to compare the two.

20. Looon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Looon

Yeah if it was your first smartphone you wouldn't know any better but moving from an iPhone 4 to an Android seems like a pretty big step down. I would rather have a phone that is good overall (decent cam, lots of apps, good battery) than have a phone with 50 hour battery life and a **** cam, or 4 hours battery life and a great cam..which is what you are doing when you choose an Android. They all have some kind of thing that makes each one suck a little differently

21. twitt3r macrumors 6502

It's called "I can't make my mind up".

22. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Do you have anything better to do than try to start online flame wars??

23. twitt3r macrumors 6502

If people can't handle being honest with themselves as they attempt to fit in with a larger group, that's not my problem.

24. mms13 macrumors 6502

25. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Oh but i did make my mind up, I chose the iPhone 4 and sold the SGS2 and made a very nice little profit.

I have had my iPhone 4 since launch and the only possibility of switching will be if the iPhone 5 continues the trend of leading the smartphone market.

Thats one pretty made up mind I would say :D