I might have some proof of QT 6 soon.

nerveosu

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2001
Here is an email I reply I recieved from Sorenson Media (pals of QT)

------------------------------------------

Yes, the shipping SBWin already supports Sorenson MPEG-4. SB Mac version 2.0 will support it as well which will be released in March of 2002 .

Thanks,
Support

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 9:23 AM
To: Support@sorenson.com
Subject: Website Inquiry

Will Sorenson broadcaster be updated to stream mpeg 4 audio (ACC) when Quicktime 6 is released. Will you release an update to your products when quicktime is released?

-iShack (removed my name)

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2002
yay

i hope that quicktime 6 will be realeased in or before march. The mpeg 4 support should be really cool

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
nerveosu: i love how you got them to basically tell you when qt6 was coming out. hard to believe they would let it slip like that. i guess they figured everyone knows its soon and apple wont make to big a deal out of it (otehr than to showcase it on some new hardware (g5?))

im GUESSing if it supports mpeg4 (like everyone is suspecting) then it would simply be a matter of getting the proper codex for your unstandard .avi files (like divx).

for you video guys out there does this sound logical?

Choppaface

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
SFBA
um, it would be no different from QT5. if QT5 had mpeg-4 support, I believe you'd have the same problem trying to get divx codecs to work

kidtronix

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
divx is a hacked version of the microsoft codec., i doubt that quicktime would be able to play (the hacked) without a plugin which apple themselves will most likely not include.