I need a good 27" monitor for my 2008 1st gen unibody MBP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vader1990, Apr 15, 2012.

1. vader1990 macrumors regular

Guys,

I need to get an external 27" monitor for my 2008 1st gen unibody 15 inch MBP.

The latest thunderbolt is not an option because I don't have a thunderbolt port.

I will use it primarily for watching movies, tv shows and doing some image processing work.

I'm flexible with price, but I'm in college so cheaper the better. I want it to have decent quality so that it lasts though.

Thanks!

2. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

NEC display. Since you are on a budget you may have to settle for something a bit smaller than 27". You pay a premium when you get a display larger than 23-24".

Unlike the Apple Cinema Display NEC displays have full ergonomic adjustments. Unlike the over-priced Thunderbolt display all NEC displays are anti-glare. NEC displays have an excellent reputation for quality and they come with a four year guarantee.

B&H Photo often has them at discount prices.

3. illippinno macrumors regular

illippinno

I'd try these Samsung monitors.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...scription=27 samsung&name=Yes&Order=BESTMATCH

I use one at work (though at the top of my head I can't recall exactly which model it is) but it works great. I had asked to order an Apple display, but our budget wouldn't allow so I got one of these instead, and they're great.

Been using it for about a year and love it.