i need a little bit of help.. please im a new one

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by ColDrake, Jun 16, 2013.

1. ColDrake, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013

ColDrake macrumors newbie

Hi everyone..
    im using the xcode 4.6.2.
    im terrible stuck !!! in this case!!!
    im trying to put a table in a ViewController,but i dont know if i need to add a uitablecontroller ??
    the button function add/edit/delete, must be in the uiviewcontroller or uitablecontroller..without using database..

somebody have a simple example?? not soo dificult.. im new one..

regards!!!

thanks !!

2. ArtOfWarfare, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013

ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

What do you know already?

You say "I'm a new one", but then also that you're dealing with UITableViews. They're not the most complicated thing, but certainly they shouldn't be the first things you do as someone who is "new".

Do you know C yet? Obj-C? What tutorials or books are you using? Please be as specific as possible.

3. Duncan C macrumors 6502a

Duncan C

You can host a table view in a normal view controller. You need to hook things up yourself, and implement the table view delegate and data source protocols. There should be plenty of sample programs out there doing what you are trying to do.

The disadvantage of a table view controller is that it ONLY manages a table view. If you want other things like buttons, labels, etc, on your window, the table view controller does not support that (The content view of a table view controller is the table view itself, whereas with other types of view controllers the content view is a normal UIView that can hold other views and controls.)

UITableViewControllers really come into their own when you're using static table views, prototype cells, and view controller containment with embed segues. (Embed segues are new in iOS 6.)

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Accuracy is important in programming. It's also important when seeking help with programming. It is courteous to use actual class names. By "table" do you mean UITableView? And by "uitablecontroller" do you mean UITableViewController?

5. Twimfy macrumors 6502a

Twimfy