All iPads I need a media player that plays videos even in the background.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zolitoo, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Zolitoo macrumors newbie

I installed two media players beside the stock one, they also stop playing the video when i switch to the home screen, i sometimes want to listen to the video without watching it (to surf the web or whatever?

Help please or suggest an application, there are lots in the store.

Thanks

2. Skika macrumors 68030

AVplayerHD works beautifully for this. Just make sure you enable multitasking in the settings.

3. Zolitoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, I got it for 2.99$, and it works very well.

Idiots of apple could have added this option to their crap stock video player, they just enjoying to cost us more money.

4. Ann P macrumors 68020

5. kfergiez macrumors 6502

kfergiez

Unfortunately, this version of VLC blows.

6. Grahamwho macrumors member

I use azul media player. I like it. You can download from the web, stream from the web, add videos in iTunes, over FTP, or webserver, plays all kinds of native and non-native formats, works with airplay, and it does background audio like you want. Just make sure to turn it on in settings.

7. eizen macrumors newbie

I'm a little confused but maybe you don't know this.
    When I want to listen to a video in the background I just play it in the default video app, press the home button (to exit the app), video stops playing but then I do a double home button press and slide to the left where the media controls are and press play. That starts playing the video again but just the audio.

8. pk7 macrumors 6502

What iOS are you on? In my experience this Apple "fixed" this when iOS 5 was released. Up through iOS 4.3.x it worked fine.