i need a minimal case like the Feather with NO rim/lip around the screen. HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aphexacid, Oct 11, 2012.

1. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

I've been patiently waiting, and searching for info on a very minimal case for the iphone 5.

But every one i find, i end up finding out has some kind of lip or rim that comes up around the screen. Even ever so slight.

So i'll ask here: Does this exist?

I hate swiping back and forth, and having my finger graze the lip of the case. Its annoying and is a constant reminder i have a case on it in the first place.

I bought the feather, and they decided to put a slight lip on it. The Desmay is out of the question because the company is shady as hell. The SPIGEN ultra thin air also has a slight lip.

help?

2. steffi macrumors 6502a

3. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

4. orange42 macrumors 6502a

5. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Switcheasy nude it's extremely minimal and has no lip...I love mine!

6. aphexacid thread starter macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Beautiful! Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'm going to take a look at all of them right now!

If anyone has anymore, please post!

7. aphexacid thread starter macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Switcheasy Nude: They seem like a high quality brand, but i don't like the covered buttons, and theres no soft touch black :

Elago S5: I literally almost added to cart, it looks perfect. But i read a review there that says " One thing I did notice is that the case edges sticks up ever so slightly past the front display - if you run your fingers across the screen you will feel the case at the edge as a very slight bump up."

I'm looking for ZERO lip

GJWilly: I think you hit it on the money! That looks exactly like my old 1st gen model incipio feather for the iphone 4! No freakin lip, and very open.
    All i need it to do is protect the back from scratches when i put it down on a table. I wont even be using it all the time.

Do you have any comments on the overall quality and the coating? Do you think it'll rub off?

And you bought it from target? I don't see it on the website :( I'm going there tomorrow for sure.

Thank you my friend!

8. floss macrumors regular

9. darster Suspended

AViiQ...Super thin and not over the rim of phone.

10. remi1au macrumors newbie

That is a really nice looking case !
    First minimal case I've seen that covers the bottom of the phone too !
    Straight to the top of my list ...

11. burnside macrumors 6502

I have a Ringke Slim Light ($9.99), but that Power Support case looks even better because of the top and bottom protection. Can anyone translate the page for us?

12. cazzster, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012

cazzster macrumors newbie

I too am looking for a minimal case. I ordered 2 cases (spigen ultra air and the Aviiq ultra thin series) and are expecting them sometime next week. I initially ordered the Incipio Feather for the 5 the Thursday before launch day. It never shipped so I cancelled the order. Thanks Incipio. Lucky I did, because I read about the complaints about the sharp unfinished edges. Anyways, I'll chime in on the ultra air and the ultra thin when I get em in. :)

Update
    Last night, I bought the Ignition thin case from RadioShack per someone on the boards here and promptly returned it. It's alright, but the material is slick that upon holding it, I'd fear that my phone would slip out of hand and face a quick death to the floor. I didn't expect much on build quality considering it was only 7 bucks. The housing was stiff, way too slick, prone to scratches and nowhere grippy.

13. fupresti macrumors regular

14. children macrumors regular

15. Mrrikki macrumors regular

16. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

17. BMWPWR macrumors newbie

BMWPWR

Desmay slight for sure. Feel like its part of the phone.

18. Mr.Grey macrumors newbie

I don't know why you think Desmay is shady but I bought two iPhone 4S cases and I had no problems with either purchase. The case is really thin and light and has no lip whatsoever. It felt like there was no case on the phone at all while handling it or when in my pocket. Personally I highly recommend it.

19. aphexacid thread starter macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

I'm loving this one. Is the black one coated with that soft touch semi grip material?

i'll keep my eye on you for comparos!

hmmmm

Everyone says the Spigen has a slight lip. This is true no?

Another?

Ok thats a pretty overwhelming vote fot Desmay. They were a contender until what happened in the Desmay thread. It really worries me. Nasty customer service and scratched and scuffed up cases.

Does the Desmay have a lip at all? I may reconsider

20. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

I'm using eggshell by tuneswear. Light as hell and the lips are totally flushed with the screen.
    Eggshell

21. Mr.Grey macrumors newbie

Okay I didn't read the Desmay thread. My experience us my own so I suppose others may had had a poorer experience than me.

As for the case, no there's no lip. It's almost like a skin. It's probably just a tad thicker than a heavier screen protector. But for being so thin it's remarkably durable. Just keep in mind that this is my own experience and opinion.

22. mach4 macrumors newbie

I'm looking for an iPhone 5 case with the same characteristics (soft texture and no lip) and have not found one yet. The Incipio feather for iPhone 4/4S was perfect but with the 5 version they added a lip.

What did you settle with aphexacid?