I need a RELIABLE FTP program

Styles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2002
San Diego, CA.
Okay, I'm currently "using" Transmit to transfer files to my brothers PC, but it has a tendancy to "unexpectantly" quit on me ever 5 minutes or so. I tried Fetch, but it wouldn't let me select more than one folder on my HD, and drag and drop is non existant. What I need from you folks is help finding a decent ftp client. I've also tried to install Samba or whatever, but that didn't quite pan out. Any help would be great. Thanks.

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
There's an FTP client called RBrowser, which mimics the Finder's column view interface, with one window for local and another for remote. I prefer the classical 2-pane view myself, but that's just me. I haven't noticed any problems with RBrowser yet, but I haven't used it very much. I'm unfortunately not aware of any "great" OS X FTP clients. Cheers,

Alex

Grokgod

macrumors 6502a
thats a good question.

i looked long andhard for a decent ftp proggie for osx and this is what I ahve found, there isnt anything!
I did manage to get something called Simple FTP, this was the best that I could find and it was very cheap, 15 buckies.
Yet, it is very simple as the name implies but it get the job done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.