I need advice: PB 15"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by scollie41, Dec 3, 2003.

  1. scollie41 macrumors newbie

    Oct 27, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    I know the their were some issues with the 15" PB's when they first came out. Has this been resolved? I will be buying on in Jan/Feb and was just wondering. Thanks.
  2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000


    May 15, 2003
    San Francisco
    Yeah, most of the issues have been resolved now. The newer 15" PB's are using a different screen, and by the time you are ready to buy, everything should be sorted out for sure.
  3. advres Guest


    Oct 3, 2003
    No problems

    Not all of the powerbooks had problems. Mine was the first unit to leave the Apple store in New Hampshire and i have had absolutely no problems with it.
  4. MyPB&Me macrumors newbie

    Oct 30, 2003
    Ordered mine (1.25ghz) on October 20th and got it on Nov. 15th. After a week and a half I've got 2 white spots on my screen. I am not that pissed to be honest, I can barely notice most of the time and apple sent the box so I can have the screen replaced. I will probably send it out on friday and see how it goes. If I get another ****ty screen I may be a little pissed, but I am sure they will get it right somewhat soon. I love the thing so much I can't get mad at it for this. Its so freak'n fast, much faster then I had imagined it to be. I wonder why I ever even considered a G5 when I don't need the power I've got.
  5. herrmill macrumors member

    Mar 20, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL, Shanghai, China & NW 11/12
    PB 15"

    Go ahead & buy the ai 15". I have had mine now for 3 weeks and simply love this machine. Aside from the latch which was quickly adjusted, I have absolutely no complaints & boy, does it warrant attention everywhere I go!
  6. guigo macrumors newbie

    Oct 21, 2003
    If you can spend 400 dólars more, I'll tell you to get the 1.33 17"
    I was going to buy a 15" 1.25, but with all the problems, I change and have no regrets on that....
    the 17" is not as big as most people usually says and the display is flawless....besides that, it's a rev b
    Be a 15 or a 17", you will be a happy person....
  7. scollie41 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Oct 27, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    That's something I have considered. I really don't know yet. I know I am waiting until Jan/Feb to buy and maybe by that point, there will be a rev b of the 15" who knows!
  8. g808 macrumors regular

    Oct 6, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    i absolutely agree! if you can afford the $$$, then it's totally worth it. i'm glad it did. i don't think i could part with the extra screen size, and i've had no problems with it so far *knock on wood*. plus you get used to the size. even when you first get it, it doesn't seem as big as you would think.

Share This Page