I need an iPhone expert in here! Need your brain...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuzion11, Sep 23, 2013.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I used to back up and install everything to do with my iPhone on my laptop… Well that laptop has been stolen. I've now switched everything I can over to iCloud.

My question is if I were to get the new iPhone 5s would iCloud transfer over all the music I downloaded separately from iTunes and all the videos I've installed via my computer… Would all that media all go over to my new iPhone? How do I go about doing getting all that stuff onto the new phone? Is this even possible?

2. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Just to be clear... What do you mean downloaded separately from iTunes? I'd like to answer your question clearly and concisely.

3. gentlefury macrumors 68030

No. iCloud only stores data. So app data and settings. You can tell it to save your camera roll..but that's it. iTunes purchases are all stored in the iTunes store and can be re-downloaded at any time. If you pay for iTunes match, then any music in your entire home library is available in the Music app.

4. Phanatic macrumors newbie

iCloud does not back up music, you will need the computer you had previously to sync your music.

However, you can re-download your purchased content via Apple from the phone in the iTunes app.

5. got2go macrumors member

You need to back it up to iTunes on a different computer.

6. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

If the media isn't from iTunes originally, you will need to find a third party program to transfer those files onto your computer.

7. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

All that's gonna do is erase his info.

8. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

This is where iTunes Match comes into it's own.

9. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Thanks for all the responses everyone… So if I understand you guys correctly, if I subscribe to iTunes match all my media wether downloaded from iTunes or not will be reinstalled to a new iPhone?

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

At this point, no. iTunes Match needs to scan your music library off a computer, it won't scan your phone. You need to use a third party program to copy your music from your phone to the computer, add them to iTunes, and then you can start iTunes Match. It's more a solution for preventing this situation from happening again in the future, doesn't help you get out of your current spot.

11. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

That's great, thanks for the amazing info… Would you be so kind as to recommend what third-party software you think would be the best to use? Also it would be a bonus if it's free software.

12. cchunk macrumors 6502

Check out iexplorer. It transfers literally everything from photos, music and even text messages. Highly recommend it. I don't think it's free.... But like everything on the internet, you can find it somewhere...

13. gentlefury macrumors 68030

If you subscribe to iTunes match it will scan your library and add anything you own that is on iTunes to your account and upload anything that isn't available on iTunes to your account. Once that is done it will all be available on your music app to either stream or download.

14. Vickadore macrumors newbie

Try Senuti(iTunes spelled backward) https://www.fadingred.com/senuti/
    It's free for 30 days or downloading 1000 song, full version is $18.99.

P.S it's for Mac only

15. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Have never had to do this myself, so I don't know how well any of the third party software actually work. I'd give iFunbox a try, it's free. I believe there is a Mac version out, but not 100% sure, so sorry if I'm wrong.

16. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Unfortunately I don't have any access to a Mac computer… This is also frustrating for me. Thanks for all the help everyone.

17. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Oh, for some reason I thought you had a Mac, ifunbox is a Windows program. I was just saying it also has a Mac version.