I Need Headphones to Listen to My Phone Calls!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bzzfft, Sep 25, 2011.

1. bzzfft macrumors newbie

Hi

I have a 3GS, and sometimes I can't hear it when I make or receive phone calls, unless it's on speaker or I'm using headphones. I thought it was because I'd dropped it in the toilet two months before this started happening, but then it happened to my friend with her brand-spanking-new straight-from-the-store iPhone 4.

It used to just happen for a while and then go back to working normally for a while, but now it happens every time I sync it and stays for a horrendously long time.

Help me, please? :( (I'd like to be able to sync it fairly regularly.)

2. TheLegend macrumors member

TheLegend

If you're talking about in-ear headphones/ IEMs, then I would recommend the Klipsch S4i or Klipsch S5i.

They are great audiophile IEMs, and if you are great for isolation and phone calls :)

If you're talking about over ear supraaural or circumaural headphones, the Denon AH D310Rs are great!

3. bzzfft thread starter macrumors newbie

That's... nice, thank you, but what I meant was that I want my phone back to normal.

4. bzzfft thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, come on. I'm sure there's got to be somebody who can help. I've been suffering since last summer!

5. kicko macrumors 65816

it sounds like the headphone jack switch is stuck, try to take a headphone plug and work it in and out a couple times. They do make a switch, knob, fader lube thats safe for electronics. If you do try a lube then i'd use it sparingly on the sides of the plug and not so much the tip in order not to trip the moisture sensor, if its under warranty... if not then thats not an issue.

6. yingyu macrumors newbie