I need help deciding to buy a new ipne or saving money and getting a used one

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SMkdesigns, Apr 14, 2008.

1. SMkdesigns macrumors regular

I am looking to save money and by a iphone which has not been activated jailborken or anything. Its 8gb for 340 However i guess it has been dropped when opening the box. However it comes with the receipt and all. They guy got it as a gift right after he purchased one.

Or buy a new one for 424 with tax.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tell me what you think please

2. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I'd say that if you don't mind the minor scratches buy the $340 one. However, if you are going to buy the new one I'd advice you to wait because in June there is strong evidence that a major iPhone revision [strong rumors concerning 32GB and 3G connectivity] will happen.

Hope it helps

4. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

Yea i thought about waiting for the 3g but i have to unlock any iphone i get because i would have to use it on T Mobile

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

T-mobile (when it gets 3G) will use 1700/2100mhz
    AT&T uses 1900/2100mhz for 3G

So iPhones for the most part won't be able to use T-mobile's 3G (unless you're in a strictly 2100mhz area, which I believe is small).

6. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

I thought about the same thing as I also use tmo, and 3g wouldnt be a deal breaker as we wouldnt be able to use it anyways. Honestly, try to scrape up the few extra bucks and get a new one. I think, in the end you'll be happy you did.