I need help i want to buy either the imac or macbook pro!! But i dont feel like wait

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SMkdesigns, Oct 2, 2007.

  1. SMkdesigns macrumors regular

    Oct 2, 2007
    I am stuck at a crossword! Damn it sucks i do graphic design and video editing! I am a college student studying advertising and marketing, however i have really no need to bring a laptop to school except for notes at this point!

    I know all the specs what i need and what i dont need i am just stranded here debating on the decission to buy the sweet new imac or attempt to wait till the macbook pro is re vamp new case and deffinatly new keyboard!!

    I love the big screen on the imac i feel as i could get a hell of a lot more accomplished on the imac with the larger screen and feel more relaxed doing so!

    I am always on the go constently but everywhere i go has computers, my college has a tone! But i just cant decide!!

    Also i dont even have a desktop at all most people say buy a desktop first then later when needed buy a laptop! so that is what i am thinking of doing!

    So when will apple release information on when the macbook/MBP is going to be re vamped and ready to be sold!! if anyone knows please let me know!!

    Also please please people help me decided which to get the imac or a macbook pro because i am going to purshase a computer in the next couple of days!
  2. macgroovy macrumors member

    Aug 29, 2007
    Are you stuck at a crossroad, or stuck on a crossword? If it's a crossword give us the clue and the letters you've got and maybe we can help ;)

    In terms of which to get, portability would be one of the main considerations for you. If you need portability the MBP is gonna be the best for you (as you will probably need the power and graphics it provides - as opposed to the MB). If portability is not a worry get the iMac. I doubt there will be an update before Jan on anything except maybe the MB.
  3. scienide09 macrumors 65816


    May 5, 2007
    If you don't need the portability right now, by all means get the iMac. Recently updated, should suit your needs just fine. On the other hand, what about next year -- will you still have the same access to labs on campus?

    Apple rarely releases information about product updates. Anything on here about when new MBs or MBPs will be out is speculation only. It could be next week. It could be in December.
    If you're aware of the specs, and the system does what you need it to do, it won't be any less of a computer the day after a new model comes out.
  4. webgoat macrumors 6502a


    Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, TX
  5. panda macrumors regular

    Mar 15, 2004
    a nice solution

    1) leopard's coming later this month. if can wait a couple of weeks, wait.

    2) my thought would be buy the imac. i am sure your productivity will be better. with the money you save by not buying the macbook pro, you will have almost enough extra money to also buy a macbook. this you could do when the next revision comes along.

    price of 1 macbook pro = (nearly) price of 1 imac + 1 macbook

  6. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

    Oct 2, 2007
    HAHA you got me i am stuck on a crossroad not in a crossword puzzle! Yes i am nervous to spend the cash and then witness a new macbook pro, i love the new keyboards for the imacs and i would like to see something simular on the new mbp if there is one coming out!

    I dont feel i am up for the wait if it is longer then a week i need a computer now that can handle what i am doign and i am leaning towards the imac 20 with high specs but then again portability would be nice!! i just dont know if i could sacrafice that beatiful set up the imac has with the screen and all.
  7. ktbubster macrumors 6502a


    Jan 20, 2007
    Ummm... I am not sure why you think there is going to be an update and revamp in look to the macbook pros anytime soon, there hasn't even been a rumor about that to my knowledge... MAYBE the regular macbooks will get a bit of a revamp to match the rest of the line, but the macbook pros probably won't be changing, and i doubt you'll see the keyboard change as the market is so half and half on the keyboard preferences.

    IF anything changes on the portables it will not be till leopard is out in a month or so... macbook pros though.. i doubt will change anytime soon as far as actual cosmetics, if it does... think january, with possible purchasing in february.

    If you don't like the macbookpros out now, o with the imac, you aren't getting a change anytime soon.
  8. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

    Jun 13, 2006
    I hope the ads you design have a lot fewer exclamation points than your posts.

    I personally prefer the portability of a laptop, and you really don't need a huge amount of real estate in the screen. That's a bit of a myth- a smaller space requires you to better manage it, but you can get just as much work done on 15" as on 24".
  9. Stampyhead macrumors 68020


    Sep 3, 2004
    London, UK
    What's wrong with the MBP as it is now? It's a classy looking machine and very solid already. Don't judge the quality of the MBP by what people post in these forums. They only come on here to complain when they have a problem. The vast majority of MBP users love their machines and never have any issues with them.

Share This Page